Covid Deniers and Anti Vaxxers

John Wright

5 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

Yes that’s where I was coming from. It sort of tells a story about how much some legacy communist populations might trust the state about sticking needles in their arms. 

I think it’s more to do with education level and earnings, than distrust of the political elite. That and the level of corruption, which may be a communist legacy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

21 hours ago, John Wright said:

Same in Bulgaria. Schools in areas with more than 750 live cases per 100,000 have moved to remote learning. That’s 2/3 of the country.

Green pass, a combo of vaccination certificate, or certificate of recovery, or negative PCR within 72 or LFT within 48 hours, has to be shown to enter all public places/events except banks/food stores, was introduced yesterday. Mask wearing has never been removed.

Vaccination rate is low 20’s %wise. Rates are rising rapidly. If rates don’t fall within 2 weeks it’s likely that lockdown will be introduced.

Meaning parents have to then work from home. Lockdown by another name perhaps?

7 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

What’s the story behind this TP? 

IndieSAGE and it's alarmist followers are very cross with the JVCI for not immediately ordering all children to be vaccinated. They have been spreading some pretty shitty stuff about it. The JVCI hasn't exactly helped itself by not publishing its minutes especially quickly. They're out now though, and isage folk are all over it, because the conclusions reached weren't theirs. They are basically calling the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation anti-vaxxers.

Kit Yates has a big silly long thread on it, they all do, being shared all over the place. Unfortunately there are many people who believe everything isage say.

Quite how the JVCI position of "A vaccine with known, but extremely rare, serious side effects should only be given after a proper review to groups that are at extremely low risk from the virus" is anti-vaxx I do not know.

Edited by TheTeapot
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

IndieSAGE and it's alarmist followers are very cross with the JVCI for not immediately ordering all children to be vaccinated. They have been spreading some pretty shitty stuff about it. The JVCI hasn't exactly helped itself by not publishing its minutes especially quickly. They're out now though, and isage folk are all over it, because the conclusions reached weren't theirs. They are basically calling the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation anti-vaxxers.

Kit Yates has a big silly long thread on it, they all do, being shared all over the place. Unfortunately there are many people who believe everything isage say.

Quite how the JVCI position of "A vaccine with known, but extremely rare, serious side effects should only be given after a proper review to groups that are at extremely low risk from the virus" is anti-vaxx I do not know.

Nutters at each end of the spectrum, sadly.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

Nutters at each end of the spectrum, sadly.  

The problem is, its easy to dismiss the actual anti-vaxxers, they're obviously stupid. It is a bit more complicated with these people. They have credentials, and educations, and significant influential followings.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

They have credentials, and educations,

.. Whose insight into epidemiology, virology, or medical issues therefore outweigh the views of a teapot. 

They may be right they may not but either way they have a basis for their belief beyond soundbites of "its not going away" or "its here to stay" from random bloke who decides he's bored with it now

Just now, momo65 said:

.. Whose insight into epidemiology, virology, or medical issues therefore outweigh the views of a teapot. 

They may be right they may not but either way they have a basis for their belief beyond soundbites of "its not going away" or "its here to stay" from random bloke who decides he's bored with it now

I'm specifically talking here, on this thread, about their bonkers attacks on the JVCI. Total complete conspiracy theory stuff, I would argue it undermines all their credibility. Are you supportive of the views of independent sage?

3 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

I'm specifically talking here, on this thread, about their bonkers attacks on the JVCI. Total complete conspiracy theory stuff, I would argue it undermines all their credibility. Are you supportive of the views of independent sage?

My support doesn't alter their validity or otherwise. JCVI has a long history, well before Covid, of delaying for considerable periods before accepting that other countries were correct. 

On the issue of vacs in 12-15s they effectively just dodged the issue 

21 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Isage and their associates and groupies are straight out calling them anti-vaxxers ffs. Can't you see how utterly mental that is?

Name calling rarely helps advance anything. Among jcvi members there are those who have been at times among those supporting herd immunity in an unvaccinated population. Indeed one lost their membership on the matter

3 minutes ago, momo65 said:

Name calling rarely helps advance anything. Among jcvi members there are those who have been at times among those supporting herd immunity in an unvaccinated population. Indeed one lost their membership on the matter

Are you talking about Professor Digwall? I'm not totally sure that's the reason. He's an interesting sounding guy, worth reading some of his stuff.

30 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Are you talking about Professor Digwall? I'm not totally sure that's the reason. He's an interesting sounding guy, worth reading some of his stuff.

Whether one fully accepts JCVI or iSAGEs view is neither here nor there. Neither is "mental" & neither are antivaxers or have a monopoly of truth