Covid Deniers and Anti Vaxxers

John Wright

12 minutes ago, Turtleish said:

Maybe you should watch a couple of Dr Campbells videos before you dismiss him purely as he has a YouTube channel? 

He does use conspiracy theory site's... such as the bmj,  gov.uk. cdc. Ect. 

No I don’t need to read a lot of old shite to appreciate that it’s a load of old shite. Thanks. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, quaylaM said:

You may be aware that Dr John Campbell - a well-qualified nurse rather than medical doctor - gained millions of followers to his Youtube channel during the covid crisis because of his informative and balanced commentary about all the issues.

And very informative he is. Followed him from the start of the pandemic.

2 hours ago, quaylaM said:
... Dr Campbell highlights the 17% increase in mortality in Australia and is circumspectly raising the question of whether the vaccines are the cause...

That video was recorded on the 16th April, there has been more research since which indicates the initial figures aren't as accurate and are generally incomplete, baselines revived. For instance, excess deaths from pneumonia and influenza were up 31.5%, Alzheimers up 26%. See more here...

https://www.abs.gov.au/statistics/health/causes-death/provisional-mortality-statistics/latest-release

Better to read all sources rather than seeking-out confirmation biases. 

Edited by quilp
Link
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, quaylaM said:

Hi Rachel

You may be aware that Dr John Campbell - a well-qualified nurse rather than medical doctor - gained millions of followers to his Youtube channel during the covid crisis because of his informative and balanced commentary about all the issues. He was an early advocate and recipient of the mRNA vaccine. As was consultant cardiologist Dr Aseem Malhotra.

In the light of experience, particularly the increasing toll of alarming sudden deaths, both have changed their views about the safety of the mRNA vaccines. Nether can be dismissed as ‘anti-vaxxers’ - Dr Malhotra was in fact featured on the ‘Good Morning Britain’ TV show as one of the first vaccine recipients - but both now clearly have grave, evidence based concerns.

In the links below Dr Campbell highlights the 17% increase in mortality in Australia and is circumspectly raising the question of whether the vaccines are the cause. Dr Malhotra speaks far more candidly. I hope you can find time in your schedule to at least consider what is being said. The issues could hardly be more important:-

The same Dr John Campbell reputed for misrepresenting the content of various things in his videos?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Campbell_(YouTuber)

If there was some great conspiracy behind it all, you’d expect that it wasn’t so easily disproven with easy logic and reasoning.

Didn’t it used to be people were encouraged to not believe everything they read on Facebook?

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Turtleish said:

Maybe you should watch a couple of Dr Campbells videos before you dismiss him purely as he has a YouTube channel? 

Oh the BMJ is a conspiracy theory site now, that’s a wonderful take on things.

Do people go for the conspiracy theories because it makes them feel like they know something others don’t, and that by sharing it, they’re really sticking it to the man?

4 minutes ago, quilp said:

That video was recorded on the 16th April, there has been more research since which indicates the initial figures aren't as accurate and are generally incomplete. For instance, excess deaths from pneumonia and influenza were up 31.5%, Alzheimers up 26%. See more here...

https://www.abs.gov.au/statistics/health/causes-death/provisional-mortality-statistics/latest-release

You can bet that if someone was hit by a bus after having their jab, some would try and attribute that to it. 

Who needs facts when it’s all about the big bad big pharma?

45 minutes ago, Turtleish said:

As I said earlier, I've kept up with the good doctor's research and on occasion noted some questionable sources of research that he has used in his videos.

When is fact not fact..?

https://fullfact.org/health/john-campbell-youtube-singapore-children/

Not trying to discredit him or his reputation, adding for balance.

ETA: Can't find the conspiracy theory site, 'Ect' please put up a link so it can be fact-checked. Thanks. 

Edited by quilp
Ect.

54 minutes ago, Turtleish said:

24 minutes ago, quilp said:

That video was recorded on the 16th April, there has been more research since which indicates the initial figures aren't as accurate and are generally incomplete. For instance, excess deaths from pneumonia and influenza were up 31.5%, Alzheimers up 26%. See more here...

20 minutes ago, AcousticallyChallenged said:

Oh the BMJ is a conspiracy theory site now, that’s a wonderful take on things.

Do people go for the conspiracy theories because it makes them feel like they know something others don’t, and that by sharing it, they’re really sticking it to the man?

That’s the issue with people like Campbell.

As they go ever deeper down the rabbit hole of conspiracy theory they selectively quote from papers choosing, and misrepresenting,  selectively, the bits that support the narrative they’ve chosen, even although that’s not the actual conclusion of the peer reviewed research papers.

Then they also throw in a few quotes from people like BMJ, cdc, etc for added veneer of respectability.

And their publications and social media platforms aren’t peer reviewed. 

• Like 2

I would rather not bury my head in the sand and take what the mainstream media and governments tell us is "fact".

I see Pfizer have come out recently and said they never tested the mRNA Covid vaccine for transmission. So why the fuck did we have to prove our vaccination status - Covid passes anyone... to go on holiday, go to events etc etc., I mean what's the point. 

As I said earlier, take the vaccine if you think it's going to do you some good. Don't take it if you think it's pointless for your age group and are worried about side effects. That's called choice. But coercing people into taking a rushed vaccine or you will lose your civil liberties is just abhorrent and I can't forgive that.

Edited by Robthetoad
  • Like 2

No idea, what I do take exception to is Governments and Mainstream Media spending millions and millions on advertising campaigns on taking a vaccine that hasn't been tested for transmission but are saying take it to save others. This turns out to be bullshit. This vaccine doesnt stop you from spreading covid.

9 minutes ago, Robthetoad said:

No idea, what I do take exception to is Governments and Mainstream Media spending millions and millions on advertising campaigns on taking a vaccine that hasn't been tested for transmission but are saying take it to save others. This turns out to be bullshit. This vaccine doesnt stop you from spreading covid.

It stops many from dying & suppresses symptoms in lots helping to stop spread 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Robthetoad said:

I am no fan of mandates, I thought vaccine passports were abhorrent and the policy of sacking healthcare workers for not getting vaccinated completely insane.

I have a problem with the 'not tested for transmission' shit that is being spewed out all over social media though. The people using it as a gotcha can be placed in one of the following groups.

• They don't understand what it means.
  • They are malicious.
  • They are stupid.

The point of the vaccine has always been to reduce severity. Some of the messaging has not been good enough on that point for sure. 

• Like 3