Gambling (again probably)

TheTeapot

On 1/22/2023 at 5:13 PM, Satan666 said:

Gambling companies are immoral in my book. Happy to profit hugely from there misery. Yes they play the “oh let’s pretend we care” card but ultimately they’re in it for profit, nothing else.

A bit like insurance companies - taking your bet that you might crash your car or burn your house down. And when it's time to pay up - the arguments can begin.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

The connection with Watford was an especially interesting one, as 138.com, operating under the umbrella of another company, Fesuge Ltd, was working in tandem with two Isle of Man-based companies, Xela Holdings Ltd and TGP Holdings Ltd (through its subsidiary TGP Europe Ltd), who had provided them with the all-important UK Gambling Commission licence, and whose most senior executive at the time was a Watford fan named Garth Kimber. Kimber, the Head of e-Gaming development at the Isle of Man government until December 2011, had then transitioned into the private sector to become the CEO of both companies.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, Banker said:

Try looking at websites or use google!’

Nah, I honestly looked again and found nothing particularly specific regarding these entities 😕

Based on your flippant remark and an an extremely feeble and condescending "Oh if you knew" response from Amadeus - who I'd expect a little more forethought from regarding broad unsubstantiated 'claims', I'll retain my own personal judgement on the subject matter - thanks for helping clarify though!

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Philippe is banging that drum again

https://josimarfootball.com/the-missing-link/

Apparently he's talking about it on the Football Weekly pod when it comes out today. Dirty business.

Edit - didn't really talk about it on the pod.

Agreed it’s such a grubby awful industry. It’s sad that it’s helping to pay IOM Government pensions. 

11 hours ago, Catrisk said:

Agreed it’s such a grubby awful industry. It’s sad that it’s helping to pay IOM Government pensions. 

TGP Europe has nothing to do with the local eGaming / online gambling sector that is very strictly regulated. They are not licensed here. They just unfortunately continue to have an address here and damage the reputation of the island with their actions. I also have to very seriously question what is going on at the UK gambling commission, looking at some of the firms TGP managed to get licences for. I can only imagine that the words Due Diligence have a different meaning in the UK. 

People will always gamble, just like they will always go to the pub or do other things for leisure. At least under IOM rules, player funds are safe, the people behind the companies are checked thoroughly, and crime is kept out of the industry. TGP continues to damage the hard work done by the good companies in the sector. Those that play by the rules, take player safety seriously, and are interested in running a sustainable industry that works towards maximising entertainment and minimising harm. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Amadeus said:

People will always gamble, just like they will always go to the pub or do other things for leisure. At least under IOM rules, player funds are safe, the people behind the companies are checked thoroughly, and crime is kept out of the industry. 

But then again you would say that as someone who seems to do nothing about alleged corrupt practices at DBC whilst also generating your income from a corrupt industry. It doesn’t exactly give the the best soapbox to preach to anyone else from to be honest. 

44 minutes ago, Catrisk said:

But then again you would say that as someone who seems to do nothing about alleged corrupt practices at DBC whilst also generating your income from a corrupt industry. It doesn’t exactly give the the best soapbox to preach to anyone else from to be honest. 

Comments like that make you look like a stupid troll. 

20 minutes ago, Amadeus said:

Comments like that make you look like a stupid troll. 

And replies like that make it look like you have no depth and can’t take criticism. Seriously given the silly soapbox platform you have created to sling dirt at other people have you ever stopped to consider that you need to get your own house in order first in order to be taken seriously.