LoveIOM Gift Card

48 minutes ago, HiVibes said:

Is gef still running it? I thought they sold out to IOM Newspapers and KBH have vanished https://www.kbh.im/ 

They did but assumed this was part of the deal. 

No news on Gef this morning about Love IOM. Perhaps they are too embarrassed to run a story about it. 

Not sure what happened to KBH. I'd vanish if I had been given that much money for a half-arsed project delivery. So much transparency around this...

8 minutes ago, Twitch said:

I'm sure they checked the copyright on the image before using it to accompany the story, particularly as there is no credit on it.

It’s actually that one of the people featured was an actual “rogue” rogue trader protector.

Perhaps it was intentional irony.

Im sure Tindle Have a team who look at these things.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, John Wright said:

No, it infers the 25% credit will appear and be available the day following the original expenditure. There is nothing  to say or infer, when the credit has to be spent.

????

Surely "it" (or the writer of the script) implies that the 25% credit will appear etc etc, not infers.

The writer implies, the reader infers.

(In fact I'm not certain that the writer even implies that the credit will be available the following day - they explicitly say so, don't they?)

2 hours ago, Dirty Buggane said:

Sorry is it just me, or anybody else think 

LoveIOM sounds like a dodgy dating app where extras can include a happy ending at a mutually agreed cost.

No doubt Tarquin, the lounge lizard from accounts would like to find one of these apparently tax exempt cards at the bottom of his special xmas sock 

more than that - look at the graphics lol

23 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

I thought this idea had been exposed as a very expensive and useless excercise and lo and behold it has raised its head again.    When will they learn …lessons are usually learned or are they ?

Ahhh , thats where your wrong. They say lessons are learnt but history tells us they never are..

• Thanks 2

The quote is:

"While stocks last, you’ll be able to get a 25% top up on LoveIOM Gift Cards bought before Christmas. This means you can buy a £50 LoveIOM Gift Card for £40! That’s £10 free to spend at LoveIOM merchants right away! And, from the end of January, when you spend your LoveIOM Gift Card Monday – Thursday, you’ll get 25% credit back the next day. Not only do you benefit, but so do businesses. It’s a win-win!"

If I buy a card before Christmas  for £40, they will give me a card containing a credit of £50.

If I use the card after e.o. January on a Monday to Thursday, for example at one shop, for a purchase price of £50 they will credit the card with an additional £12.50 the following day. I might then go back to the same shop and get £12.50 of goods.

So the shop will give me £62.50 of goods for a cost to me of £40.

There is also the phrase "While stocks last" without specifying what the stock level is - well, there is no stock level. They will just terminate the deal when they feel appropriate. It is not the kind of style of deceptiveness I would expect from a gov. that is currently running an anti-scam advertising campaign.

• Thanks 1