Brexit Penny Dropping?

ManxTaxPayer

4 minutes ago, La Colombe said:

Yeah, I think you'll find we'll probably end up ceding a little bit (of our sovereignty*) It will be in our interests to do so. 

Just like with any trade deal a country makes...

* my italics

• Like 2

Fucking Hell, some Brexiteers just never stop bleating do they? Will the penny ever drop for this idiot? Or is she just sabre rattling for desperate, nefarious purposes? 

Oh and sovereignty. Innit. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, La Colombe said:

Fucking Hell, some Brexiteers just never stop bleating do they? Will the penny ever drop for this idiot? Or is she just sabre rattling for desperate, nefarious purposes? 

Oh and sovereignty. Innit. 

She’s so condescending and patronising if you ever see her being interviewed. Perhaps being in a relationship with Tice has made her even more delusional than being politics editor, in various degrees, of the Times and Mail, and getting paid £250k to appear on GB News. Her books about Cameron and The State of the British Armed Forces ( both written with Lord Ashcroft ) and the hagiography about Aaron Banks, and the Handcock diaries were all remaindered quickly.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2024 at 3:35 PM, La Colombe said:

Ha ha! Oakeshott getting roasted on Twitter again! This time for implying she was raised in the mean streets of Glasgow which wasn't as bad as Harehills in Leeds. She went to Gordonstoun ffs! 

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, La Colombe said:

The penny has dropped for Kelvin McKenzie! So we lost all our freedoms for nothing. Amazing. Doesn't he live in the US anyway? 

Who did he think was going to fill all those jobs that EU people were filling?  Ex-Weatherspoon employees are they were told to do one during the pandemic?

Everything Mogg says or does since the election was announced needs to be seen in the context of the fact that he is currently the star of a fly-on-the-wall documentary series about him. His entire life is a performance. Hence him being so polite on election night when he lost his seat.

That said - his entire life has always been a performance. His fogeyness is an act which he has perfected since youth.

14 minutes ago, genericUserName said:

Everything Mogg says or does since the election was announced needs to be seen in the context of the fact that he is currently the star of a fly-on-the-wall documentary series about him. His entire life is a performance. Hence him being so polite on election night when he lost his seat.

You think so? 

Whatever your opinion of him I don’t ever recall him being impolite on any occasion  ( barring his peculiar lounging on the House of Commons benches which was most uncharacteristic), during his political life. The same cannot be said of all MP’s 

Most, if not all, losing candidates in General Elections are polite and usually gracious about it. So it’s not peculiar to him.

I’m afraid your prejudice is showing through.

Now I am aware that this response to the above post will likely lead to accusations that I am some sort of Mogg supporter, that’s just the nature of some on here ( see Farage discussions etc). I hope I can cut these off at the pass by declaring these are just my observations in the spirit of debate,not some sort of endorsement of JRM

• Haha 1

@The Voice of Reason I suggest you look for some of the interviews he has done where he is properly challenged.

That polite persona drops very quickly.

I am not in the slightest bit surprised to find you defending JRM. Despite all your protestations you always seem to end up on the side of Farage, Truss, Johnson, Rees-Mogg etc.

What do you think of Richard Tice and Stephen Yaxley-Lennon?

35 minutes ago, manxman1980 said:

@The Voice of Reason I suggest you look for some of the interviews he has done where he is properly challenged.

That polite persona drops very quickly.

I am not in the slightest bit surprised to find you defending JRM. Despite all your protestations you always seem to end up on the side of Farage, Truss, Johnson, Rees-Mogg etc.

What do you think of Richard Tice and Stephen Yaxley-Lennon?

Did you read my last paragraph about my post not being an endorsement of JRM in order to forestall comments such as yours?

Because I am capable of seeing another view it doesn’t mean I am on anyone’s “ side”

This is a forum for debate.

I despair sometimes.

Anyway:

JRM can, like all politicians robustly defend his position as you would expect. That shouldn’t be mistaken for impoliteness which is a different thing altogether.

What do I think of Tice? No real opinion. I don’t agree with a lot of what he says but that’s true of a lot of politicians for me.

As for Yaxley-Lennon, You may like him but I find him a pretty disgusting individual who should just crawl back under the rock from which he came. 

Alternatively you may just argue that he has a right to be heard in the context of a discussion about free speech.. However I wouldn’t take from that on its own as you are a supporter of his.

Do you see the difference?

Jumping to such conclusions is not helpful.

Edited by The Voice of Reason
Addition of penultimate para