Brexit Penny Dropping?

ManxTaxPayer

Brexit Nightmare: Uk Exporters Rage at EU Red Tape 'Lack of Understanding is Shocking'

Peculiar sort of headline for an organisation that campaigned for Brexit, urged their readers to vote for it and celebrated the referendum result. And subsequently pushed for a hard Brexit. All of which they got. Buyers remorse?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

That’s really dangerous for a live wine like champagne, or live bottle conditioned beer or ginger beer. Corks or crown corks only. To avoid exploding bottles.

??

Champagne corks are wired on.

There is huge pressure inside a Champagne bottle - it's the much stronger glass and the design of the bottle which prevents them from exploding.

Faulty glass is very occasionally still an issue.

7 hours ago, ManxTaxPayer said:

Brexit Nightmare: Uk Exporters Rage at EU Red Tape 'Lack of Understanding is Shocking'

Peculiar sort of headline for an organisation that campaigned for Brexit, urged their readers to vote for it and celebrated the referendum result. And subsequently pushed for a hard Brexit. All of which they got. Buyers remorse?

OK if you take the Express article at its face value ( and like the Daily Mail who would?)it says that the red tape problems are down to the EU countries not understanding the new rules now the UK has left the EU. As Manx Tax Payer has quoted.

So how on earth can this be buyers remorse? 

This certainly does not negate the rationale for the majority of UK voters wishing to leave the EU. ( that being to regain sovereignty) 

If anything it demonstrates that the EU is not capable of functioning as a cohesive unit. How can it be be when you have so many countries each , understandably, trying to look after their own interests within the confines of an organisation purporting to represent them all as a whole?

Many straws have been clutched at by the anti Brexiteers but this is one of the the thinnest ones by far

3 hours ago, ManxTaxPayer said:

Brexit: The 'biggest disaster any government has ever negotiated'.

This time from a cheesemaker. To go with the wine importer. I expect he'll be another Moaning Minnie who should get on to Tim Martin of Wetherspoons. 

I expect he is too. 

The best entrepreneurs and business people are those who are able to adapt to a changing environment.

It never remains static whether for economic, technological or political reasons. You have to have strategies in place or risk being left behind.

By way of contrast may I invite you to Google “Brexit Success Stories” and see what you find.

There is even a Facebook group of the same name

42 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

I invite you to Google “Brexit Success Stories” and see what you find.

Seriously though, I invite you to list your top 10 Brexit success stories with respect to the British economy. How is  the British economy now performing better thanks to Brexit?

Granted that many of the people who pushed for Brexit always said that it was not about the economy. And granted it is not "politically correct" to accuse people of being stupid simply because they do not have even a basic understanding of economics or the money supply.

Personally economics is always #1 for me. Because that's how Britain pays for the stuff which makes people's lives better.

Edited by pongo

22 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

If anything it demonstrates that the EU is not capable of functioning as a cohesive unit. How can it be be when you have so many countries each , understandably, trying to look after their own interests within the confines of an organisation purporting to represent them all as a whole?

That, in essence, is also could be a pretty good description of the Conservative Party at present and in recent years.

2 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

The best entrepreneurs and business people are those who are able to adapt to a changing environment.

It never remains static whether for economic, technological or political reasons. You have to have strategies in place or risk being left behind.

To an extent but you generally plan on the basis that your Government are not the ones trying to cause you issues.

1 hour ago, pongo said:

Seriously though, I invite you to list your top 10 Brexit success stories with respect to the British economy. How is  the British economy now performing better thanks to Brexit?

Granted that many of the people who pushed for Brexit always said that it was not about the economy. And granted it is not "politically correct" to accuse people of being stupid simply because they do not have even a basic understanding of economics or the money supply.

Personally economics is always #1 for me. Because that's how Britain pays for the stuff which makes people's lives better.

Well is economics always Number one though, or should it be?

Important though it is, to me other aspects of society have a greater priority.

China, for example has over the last couple of decades ( if not longer)  become an economic super power yet it’s citizens are oppressed, or certainly do not enjoy the personal freedoms we have.

Where would you rather live?