Brexit Penny Dropping?

ManxTaxPayer

27 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

To be honest most people have a disdain for Scotland, or more accurately the politicians representing the Scots.

Far from being the laughing stock in Europe many look enviously on the way the UK has managed to extricate itself from the strait jacket that the EU is

What utter BS.

I work for an international company which has offices throughout the EU.  All of my EU based colleagues thinks that Brexit is a mistake and none are looking on enviously. 

I also have family who live in the EU and not one of them are looking on enviously either.

The only people who are, are the nationalists in places such as Poland and Hungary but even they probably know that leaving the EU would kill their economies.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, manxman1980 said:

What utter BS.

I work for an international company which has offices throughout the EU.  All of my EU based colleagues thinks that Brexit is a mistake and none are looking on enviously. 

I also have family who live in the EU and not one of them are looking on enviously either.

The only people who are, are the nationalists in places such as Poland and Hungary but even they probably know that leaving the EU would kill their economies.

“Kill their economies”?

Is the UK economy being killed?

The economies of Poland and Hungary ( and the others) worked before they joined the EU and would do so again if they were to leave.

Utter BS from Project Fear again

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 1/14/2022 at 5:09 AM, manxman1980 said:

Don't forget Rees-Mogg and Francois....

Or even Christopher Chope who has an interesting record..

Rees-Mogg....oh yes, he...Jacob William Rees-Mogg, the Member of Parliament representing the constituency of the 18th Century.

Edited by opusManx
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

“Kill their economies”?

The economies of Poland and Hungary ( and the others) worked before they joined the EU and would do so again if they were to leave.

Why were Poland & Hungary so keen to join if there was no economic benefit?  Why were roughly the same group who were in favour of Brexit opposed to Poland and Hungary joining the EU?

Do you know many Poles and Hungarians?  I know several through work and not one of them wants to their country to leave the EU.  

I suspect you would rather like the Governments of Poland and Hungary.  They sound like your sort of Governing parties.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, manxman1980 said:

Why were Poland & Hungary so keen to join if there was no economic benefit?  Why were roughly the same group who were in favour of Brexit opposed to Poland and Hungary joining the EU?

Do you know many Poles and Hungarians?  I know several through work and not one of them wants to their country to leave the EU.  

I suspect you would rather like the Governments of Poland and Hungary.  They sound like your sort of Governing parties.

I know a couple of Poles to answer your question. Good chaps.

However the Governments of Poland and Hungary are far from my sort of Governing parties if they are prepared to sell their citizens down the river. 

Let’s work together as separate nations but don’t bind ourselves to some sort of supra national institution.

Its not healthy for any nation with an ounce of pride to be subsumed into such

On 1/16/2022 at 9:12 PM, The Voice of Reason said:

“Kill their economies”?

Utter BS from Project Fear again

You mean communist Poland and Hungary?

On 1/21/2022 at 9:16 AM, Mr. Sausages said:

I can recall a certain Jacob Rees-Mogg saying that HGV processing was only 6 seconds per vehicle under EU terms and it wasn't expected to change...

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ManxTaxPayer said:

Teething problems. It will all get sorted.

However the outcry over the footballer kicking his cat marks us out from or European neighbours, who until recently thought throwing a live goat from castle ramparts to fall to its death was some sort of “sport” . 
Not to mention the spectacle of watching a bull speared to death in a ring from which it cannot escape being  being enjoyed by some.

All allowed by the government of the country.

Generalisations I know and we have relationships with other countries which indulge in much worse involving human suffering. 

But we are not in a political union with them.

If the UK had so much influence within the EU as many claim why was it unable to put an end to such barbarism?

Edited by The Voice of Reason

Six years after the referendum. Brexit already done. And they’re still playing that game. The emperor has no clothes on. Problem is the emperor is the 52% who were conned by this shower of shite.

A good opportunity for the voice of reason to write to him and request that the eu law allowing donkeys to be thrown off castles be abolished in the uk.