Brexit Penny Dropping?

ManxTaxPayer

2 hours ago, P.K. said:

You're having a laugh!

Leaving the Single Market and Custom's Union was beyond stupid.

So now we're all f~cked over by the totally unnecessary and completely stupid brexit...

ETA brexit update: https://youtu.be/IUiJxH2pclM

But we have our sovereignty restored.  People should keep in mind the long millions of English people who have given up their health and lives to maintain the UK independence that the scoundrel John Major signed away without any reference to the UK electorate. 

53 minutes ago, Eris said:

But we have our sovereignty restored.  People should keep in mind the long millions of English people who have given up their health and lives to maintain the UK independence that the scoundrel John Major signed away without any reference to the UK electorate. 

Clearly you are unaware of the fact that only our Sovereign Parliament can make UK law.

That "scoundrel" John Major came away from the Maastricht Treaty with the best deal in the best Trading Bloc on the planet.

Now all pissed away by gullible idiots and unscrupulous lying self-centered politicians....

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, jackwhite said:

I'm referring to the UK. How do you feel Brexit is working out for them?

It will work out very much better once there is a PM who will set about delivering real BREXIT which is something that Johnson along with the present government has failed to do.  

3 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Clearly you are unaware of the fact that only our Sovereign Parliament can make UK law.

That "scoundrel" John Major came away from the Maastricht Treaty with the best deal in the best Trading Bloc on the planet.

Now all pissed away by gullible idiots and unscrupulous lying self-centered politicians....

I am very well aware of the status of the UK parliament once the  Maastricht treaty was in place.  The UK parliament was not supreme.  As for trading bloc, sovereignty and national identity trumps trade every time.

5 minutes ago, Eris said:

It will work out very much better once there is a PM who will set about delivering real BREXIT which is something that Johnson along with the present government has failed to do.  

What is your idea of a "real" brexit?

After all, you must have known what you were voting for...

Just now, P.K. said:

What is your idea of a "real" brexit?

After all, you must have known what you were voting for...

Return of sovereignty to the UK followed by secure borders and exclusion of those not legally entitled to be in the UK. At least for starters!

10 minutes ago, Eris said:

...and you think Truss or Sunak will do that do you? 🤣

Maybe Labour have someone in their ranks that could sort the mess out. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eris said:

Return of sovereignty to the UK followed by secure borders and exclusion of those not legally entitled to be in the UK. At least for starters!

So what do you do with the existing 'economic migrants' (I think that's how you referred to them earlier).

16 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

So what do you do with the existing 'economic migrants' (I think that's how you referred to them earlier).

If their origin can be established then deport them, if not then intern them in secure accomodation untill they cooperate with their deportation.  

20 minutes ago, jackwhite said:

...and you think Truss or Sunak will do that do you? 🤣

Maybe Labour have someone in their ranks that could sort the mess out. 

Truss and Sunak?  Personally I think not.  Someone in the Labour ranks?  Why not?  What matters is that the god awful mess that the UK is in is resolved and soon.

34 minutes ago, Eris said:

Bad news I'm afraid.

You can't have your sovereignty returned because you never lost it. Only the UK Sovereign Parliament can make UK law.

The borders are as secure as the Border Force can make them and their remit has not changed.

Illegals are still being removed just like they were before brexit.

The above tends to suggest that you really don't seem to know much about the reality of brexit. It's as though you're just repeating the nonsense published in the Daily Mail, the Express, the Sun and the Telegraph without really understanding what's false or what it all actually means.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Bad news I'm afraid.

You can't have your sovereignty returned because you never lost it. Only the UK Sovereign Parliament can make UK law.

The borders are as secure as the Border Force can make them and their remit has not changed.

Illegals are still being removed just like they were before brexit.

The above tends to suggest that you really don't seem to know much about the reality of brexit. It's as though you're just repeating the nonsense published in the Daily Mail, the Express, the Sun and the Telegraph without really understanding what's false or what it all actually means.

I know that you are wrong.