Cost of government

Banker

11 minutes ago, WTF said:

so why can some civil servants retire in their 50's ??   

Anyone can retire in there 50's but depending how many years you have contributed will determine your CS pension. Of course State pension can only be received after age 66 plus . Again dependant on contributions will decide your amount you receive. I'm pretty sure thats how it works .

Edited by Numbnuts

7 minutes ago, WTF said:

Anyone in any job can retire when they want. They will obviously need to look at their own financial situation and determine if it’s feasible financially.

Maybe some may have come into an inheritance, won the lottery etc. Or been prudent during the course of their working life.

1 minute ago, WTF said:

Because they feathered their own nests so well at our expense for so many years they don't need the extra 15 years of contributions. All the while screwing the public over by increasing state pension age to 68.

I did have to laugh when women wanted equality on pensions but not on pension age. Having your cake and eating I believe that's called. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

Because they feathered their own nests so well at our expense for so many years they don't need the extra 15 years of contributions. All the while screwing the public over by increasing state pension age to 68.

Don't overlook screwing over the other (liquid in some cases) Government and Statutory Board Pension Schemes when GUS was formed too.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Anyone in any job can retire when they want. They will obviously need to look at their own financial situation and determine if it’s feasible financially.

Maybe some may have come into an inheritance, won the lottery etc. Or been prudent during the course of their working life.

You've missed the point by a mile once again!

1 minute ago, The Voice of Reason said:

No,I answered the question that WTF posed. !!!!

As an aside there are also many in the private sector who retire in their 50’s !!!

And would they get a golden handshake and access to a pension from their late forties like some policemen for example?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, finlo said:

And would they get a golden handshake and access to a pension from their late forties like some policemen for example?

I don’t  know. It would depend upon their contract of employment.

Everyone has the opportunity to apply for a career in the police force.

Maybe your application was not successful?

8 minutes ago, CallMeCurious said:

Yet our taxes don't pay the salary or pensions of the private sector employee unlike public sector employees.

Well that’s plain stupid. Of course our taxes pay for the pensions of the private sector employee once they have reached the state retirement age.

Edited by The Voice of Reason