Cost of government

Banker

27 minutes ago, Boo Gay'n said:

The fabled pension deficit is 'only on paper' too.  It is a fancy set of sums done by actuaries, and is neither a real debt nor deficit.

Is the multiple millions that we will have to pay out of general taxation every year not real either?

A little off-topic, but I heard a snippet on 3FM News this evening (that hasn't appeared on their website yet) that DfE have engaged the services of KPMG to conduct a survey and assessment of the IoM Economy with a view to formulating economic policy for the next 8 - 10 years.

There is also to be an online survey and consultation with the GMP on the issue.

Old news I'm afraid - Chamber of Commerce held an open meeting about it some weeks ago

KPMG have questionnaires out online where traders are invited to tender their financial trading information

Can't see many folk providing such info, or that it is particularly relevant to the islands future economic plan

nb. The KPMG consultation is a useful tool at a general election time for the freewheeling freebooting furtive conservatives who have no ideas for the future [read Cannan's manifesto] & seemingly don't like the idea of 'safe, green, digital Isle of Man'

Edited by SleepyJoe
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

A little off-topic, but I heard a snippet on 3FM News this evening (that hasn't appeared on their website yet) that DfE have engaged the services of KPMG to conduct a survey and assessment of the IoM Economy with a view to formulating economic policy for the next 8 - 10 years.

There is also to be an online survey and consultation with the GMP on the issue.

Manchester's copper's sticking their noses in again!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
45 minutes ago, WTF said:

i wonder who that was written for ???

The fact that it's not full time (0.8 FTE?) is fairly telling isn't?  It's clearly been designed for a particular person, if it was a serious new job it would be full time and 0.8 isn't enough of a reduction to be cost-saving.  Probably someone back from maternity leave whose full-time post has been earmarked for someone else would be my suspicion.