Douglas Sh@hole!

Max Power

5 hours ago, Kopek said:

If you consider that Douglas is the distribution center for the whole Island then even if you don't visit Dlas you are still reliant on goods that have come though it.

Amazon and Hermes? Where do they arrive on the Island!

Most of the distribution centres are in Braddan aren’t they?

1 hour ago, 2bees said:

I remember when only posh people took coke, now every street rat junkie spends their time sniffing and being paranoid. Not a fan. 

Yes indeed. Anyone can be like a real rock star* for the night for £60 (prices may vary).

* or an arsehole. Well actually, it's a guarantee. An arsehole.

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

The Courier, 24th December 2021, Christmas Eve, just popped through the door.

Page 7: Cabbie assault. Near the Gaiety Theatre on Douglas Promenade. about 3:45am on Saturday.

The bewitching hour in Douglas. Where could the assaultee have been? Well, anywhere I suppose.

Page 9: "Man who wounded victim outside pub is to be sentenced at higher court".
This one happened in November was at 3am outside Jaks pub on Loch Promenade. 

If people can't do whatever it is they need to do on a night out by 1am, then they need to take a look at themselves. This is a message that the licensing authority needs to consider.

Or is early morning /late night loud mouthed violent druggies and drunks what is euphemistically termed as  'vibrant' these days.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Barlow said:

Page 7: Cabbie assault. Near the Gaiety Theatre on Douglas Promenade. about 3:45am on Saturday.

The bewitching hour in Douglas. Where could the assaultee have been? Well, anywhere I suppose.

Page 9: "Man who wounded victim outside pub is to be sentenced at higher court".

If people can't do whatever it is they need to do on a night out by 1am, then they need to take a look at themselves. This is a message that the licensing authority needs to consider.

Or is early morning /late night loud mouthed violent druggies and drunks what is euphemistically termed as  'vibrant' these days.

The licensing trade shot themselves truly in the foot when they got the extended hours on their respective licences. Now young ones stay in and drink until around 10-11pm then come out to the pubs/clubs. They buy very little in the way of drinks meaning venues stay open but takings are way down

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Barlow said:

I think things used to be a lot worse, the police only got involved in a handful of cases and usually took names and sent everyone home. It was mainly in cases of damage to property that prosecutions ensued. I don't know when we became so law abiding that the police have to sort out every little squabble that we have? Mind you, some people are just arseholes, attacking cabbies, punching licensees etc, they deserve what they get.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I don't know when we became so law abiding that the police have to sort out every little squabble that we have?

Many people aspire to the point we’re all in Demolition Man. Douglas isn’t that bad when you compare it to some nights I’ve had in areas of Liverpool, Manchester or Leeds where it’s often total carnage after midnight.