Douglas Sh@hole!

Max Power

On 12/24/2021 at 4:20 PM, Max Power said:

I don't know when we became so law abiding that the police have to sort out every little squabble that we have? 

When assault became assault and not a squabble.

A neighbour of mine died recently. (Former taxi-driver, nicknamed "crackers").The usual accolades and tributes appeared in the obituary. Oh what a man he sounded.

But I know of him from his younger days. His standard weekend night out, with one or two of his mates, was picking someone out in the pub he didn't like the look of, preferably a totally innocent visitor, and battering shite out of them to show how hard he was. The police seemed to take this as a standard night out, just another drunken squabble. He was convicted a couple of times but that only added to his self-importance of being a hard man.

That sort of behaviour needed, and still needs, stamping out.

Edited by Barlow
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Barlow said:

When assault became assault and not a squabble.

A neighbour of mine died recently. (Former taxi-driver, nicknamed "crackers").The usual accolades and tributes appeared in the obituary. Oh what a man he sounded.

But I know of him from his younger days. His standard weekend night out, with one or two of his mates, was picking someone out in the pub he didn't like the look of, preferably a totally innocent visitor, and battering shite out of them to show how hard he was. The police seemed to take this as a standard night out, just another drunken squabble. He was convicted a couple of times but that only added to his self-importance of being a hard man.

That sort of behaviour needed, and still needs, stamping out.

I agree totally, I was really referring to instances such as, where some teenager has a few too many, gets kicked out and clumsily retallates. Doormen could usually brush these things off at one time, now they seem obliged to get the police involved, probably because they are concerned about being accused of assault? 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I agree totally, I was really referring to instances such as, where some teenager has a few too many, gets kicked out and clumsily retallates. Doormen could usually brush these things off at one time, now they seem obliged to get the police involved, probably because they are concerned about being accused of assault? 

Yes , your right . Back in the 80's the doorstaff would for sure sort out any misdemeanors by giving the perps a good smack or three. Some handy lads worked on the doors back then who you wouldn't mess with but sadly lots did. They always came second .I witnessed many times the 'effective' removal of drunken abusive punters. Summerland Cave was a joy to behold if bar staff and getting grief . A quick nod to the always close bouncers and problem sorted . 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

Yes , your right . Back in the 80's the doorstaff would for sure sort out any misdemeanors by giving the perps a good smack or three. Some handy lads worked on the doors back then who you wouldn't mess with but sadly lots did. They always came second .I witnessed many times the 'effective' removal of drunken abusive punters. Summerland Cave was a joy to behold if bar staff and getting grief . A quick nod to the always close bouncers and problem sorted . 

I wonder what happened to Skippy , in the Lido  you wouldn't argue or be abusive with him , you feet would not touch the ground ,  Same years ago in the rendezvous     when Freddie Bell and little Willie  Collister were there as security  , cross the line and you were out ,and ceremoniously dumped on the promenade , and the following weekend  if you promised to behave, shook hands and they let you in again , but  hard   lessons learned about behaviour and respect 

10 hours ago, Omobono said:

I wonder what happened to Skippy , in the Lido  you wouldn't argue or be abusive with him , you feet would not touch the ground ,  Same years ago in the rendezvous     when Freddie Bell and little Willie  Collister were there as security  , cross the line and you were out ,and ceremoniously dumped on the promenade , and the following weekend  if you promised to behave, shook hands and they let you in again , but  hard   lessons learned about behaviour and respect 

Stop glamourising them. Freddie Bell was tough when he had several doormen with him. Willie Collister pretty much the same. Anybody of that era who was handy with their fists would have more trouble tying their shoelaces than dealing with either of them.

With all the pava sprays, Tasers and all the other electronics around their bodies, ( you cn hardly see the 'person' behind these,  the Police  have justify the cost somehow!!!

I have heard that Flintys taser was taken off him because he tried to jump start his car with it???

Then now, social attitudes, modern attitudes, who's to know what is right anymore???

• 2 weeks later...

Manx Radio: Probation for teen who took part in unprovoked attacks

These "teenagers" and "youths" have the vote, drunk or not. They are adult members of our society.

And I tell you now, the army don't want his sort. 

Edited by Barlow

• 3 months later...