Douglas Sh@hole!

Max Power

16 minutes ago, Bandits said:

You might get a response from Chris Thomas with Douglas being his constituency. However you’ll probably get nothing out of Rob Callister who is clearly still fantasizing about all the rusty railings and broken fixtures the 500,000 tourists in his tourist strategy will be queuing up to see. 

I think Rob Callister is too preoccupied eating his cheese on toast, and playing with the cat. Whilst Chris Thomas is Douglas Central MHK he is too preoccupied with lofty ambitions, and grandiose schemes to be interested in such trivial matters. Clare Barber MHK Douglas East, and Joney Faragher Douglas East MHKs are both keeping silent. Clare Barber is too interested in DEFA, and Joney Faragher is only interested in hobby horse matters - sorry, but it’s true. I don’t know the constituency where Marine Drive lies. Forget about the Chief Minister, who has been an MHK for years, succeeding his father fiefdom, so you would think he would have a clue. The weeds on the promenade opposite the ‘town square’ and the bottleneck car park really sums things up. Hardly a big costly job, but nobody got the backbone or the initiative to do something. 

The video by Charles Guard is brilliant, both funny, serious and informative. It is balanced, in that it both paints the island good points and bad points. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Given the number of views (which will undoubtedly include many from off-island) I'd be very surprised if Govt Communications hasn't had a firework lit under its rectum and isn't now working to come up with some sort of "point-by-point rebuttal"....again....

You mean the Cabinet Office rebuttal unit? I’m surprised Ashie hasn’t come out with all guns blazing, and astride his trusty chewing gum removal machine, seeking vengeance on Charles Guard. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Given the number of views (which will undoubtedly include many from off-island) I'd be very surprised if Govt Communications hasn't had a firework lit under its rectum and isn't now working to come up with some sort of "point-by-point rebuttal"....again....

. . .  rectum and isn't now working to come up with some sort of "point-by-point rebuttal. 

( I see what you did there, NB)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Charles Guard 😍 I’ve watched the film 3 or 4 times, he’s spot on. Not one word wrong! 

Douglas council is a mess, the workers (ha!) are idle wasters with the work ethic of a sloth - by the time they’ve clocked in, had their morning tea and assessed their jobs for the day it’s lunch time, heaven help anyone who tries to make a change to the sloth culture, they’re bullied. It wouldn’t be so bad but the managers, oh dear god don’t start me on those budget bludgeoning tossers! Suffice to say the auditors are “just not good enough”. 

Edited by 2bees
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, 2112 said:

I don’t know the constituency where Marine Drive lies.

Marine Drive is Middle so it’s Stu Peters and the silent movie star who is Jane Poole-Wilson who nobody has even heard speak since the general election. 

8 minutes ago, SleepyJoe said:

Fcuk knows what they are looking at

The inside of it's own hoop most of the time.

I wonder how many working labourers to "do" stuff we could employ for the salary of one "Blue Carbon Capture Officer"?

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Bandits said:

Marine Drive is Middle so it’s Stu Peters and the silent movie star who is Jane Poole-Wilson who nobody has even heard speak since the general election. 

I really hope @Stu Petershas seen Charles Guards critique, and attempts to navigate the bureaucracy of IOMG. As Marine Drive is in Middle, presumably Braddan Commissioners are the in charge of the area? If they are, it’s damning due to the neglect of the area, especially with the amount of money being spent on blue riband schemes in Braddan - Snugborough Flats and the new Sports Centre by the Hospital. No doubt their will be handwringing between the Commissioners, the DOI and others as to responsibility for the upkeep etc. 

You are spot on as to Jane Poole Wilson, who I think is another big shot, and sadly constituents are low down on the list. I hope to be proven wrong.

4 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

The inside of it's own hoop most of the time.

I wonder how many working labourers to "do" stuff we could employ for the salary of one "Blue Carbon Capture Officer"?

It shouldn’t cost fortunes, or should it end up as another IOMG spend spend spend scheme. As I’ve said before, unemployed, prisoners, and probationers could do some of the work. 

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

You mean the Cabinet Office rebuttal unit? I’m surprised Ashie hasn’t come out with all guns blazing, and astride his trusty chewing gum removal machine, seeking vengeance on Charles Guard. 

The Office of Administrate Affairs (Cabinet Office)  have already been tasked with producing a Point By Point Rebuttal of Charles Guard's so called  "Fake Video News"

I am hearing the "OAA" is telling anyone who will listen that CGI has been involved in his video...............................

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Passing Time said:

The silence from our MHK's is deafening. Paging Rob Callister and Chris Thomas...

This +1 .. I can never understand how they walk and drive the same roads as us low life public do but clearly they can drive with their eyes closed . Tbh I've said it before but surely the role of CM is someone to keep a eye on his departments and kick ass and make adjustments so we all get an acceptable service from those same Depts . Quayle was usless and looks like Cannan is no better. Or, is it just a case that they are all up the creek without a paddle without CS baby sitting our elected and they back off accordingly . Lets face it most haven't a clue about the areas they are minister's in. Most of the issues shown up in CG's video , which was excellent by the way , are just general house keeping types of problems but then you see the total failure of dealing with those issues while at the same time new projects popping up seemingly daily. All very sad !!.  

PS is it any surprise that all the MHK's are missing in action and lying low .  

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Boris Johnson said:

The Office of Administrate Affairs (Cabinet Office)  have already been tasked with producing a Point By Point Rebuttal of Charles Guard's so called  "Fake Video News"

I am hearing the "OAA" is telling anyone who will listen that CGI has been involved in his video...............................

I thought it was the Tynwald Whole Area Termination System that was in charge of this? 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

Whilst Chris Thomas is Douglas Central MHK he is too preoccupied with lofty ambitions, and grandiose schemes to be interested in such trivial matters ....  I don’t know the constituency where Marine Drive lies.

What lofty ambitions and grandiose schemes do I have?

How do you not know in which constituency Marine Drive is? Not knowing that seems contradictory to your normal posting style of "often wrong, but never in doubt". :)

• Like 1