Douglas Sh@hole!

Max Power

1 hour ago, Boris Johnson said:

It means that in 2022 it is not cool to put an interest as girls, when you are an over 50 year old male.

Having said that, and to his credit. SP has changed his sig to say women, which in 2022 are fair game still and I hope they always will be, lovely creatures .............. 🙂 mmmmmmmm

Yep he’s been bullied into it.

I can understand why and I don’t blame him at all for making the change.

But if an over 50 year old female had put their interest as boys would they similarly be accused of creepiness?

7 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

But if an over 50 year old female had put their interest as boys would they similarly be accused of creepiness?

If an over 50 year old female had put their interest as over 50 males, what would she be accused of?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

There's a power dynamic between men and women in general. There's also a power dynamic between varying ages. Old man and young "girl" compounds the dynamic, old woman and young boy less so. They're not identical.

6 minutes ago, HeliX said:

There's a power dynamic between men and women in general. There's also a power dynamic between varying ages. Old man and young "girl" compounds the dynamic, old woman and young boy less so. They're not identical.

Well I’m not sure about your “ dynamics “

Are we not striving to eliminate adverse perceptions of age/ gender?

This sort of comment only serves to perpetuate these perceptions 

3 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Well I’m not sure about your “ dynamics “

Are we not striving to eliminate adverse perceptions of age/ gender?

This sort of comment only serves to perpetuate these perceptions 

Acknowledging the current reality is not a barrier to fixing the current reality. Ignoring it is.

You're right,  they are not 'identical' but, perhaps they should be???

A young man seeking to get off, may well go for an older Woman and may be successful but an older Man would have little chance with a younger Woman and would be frowned upon!

Perhaps from a PC point of view, it should be each to their own?

Edited by Kopek

3 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Acknowledging the current reality is not a barrier to fixing the current reality. Ignoring it is.

But I’m not sure your current reality is the same as most peoples current reality.

By and large people of different genders and different ages tend to rub along pretty well together. I’m not saying there aren’t problems  It’s those that  have an agenda and seek to create difficulties  ( eg using Stu’s innocuous use of the word “girls” ) that create these divisions.

Obviously if someone were to use the “N” word to describe someone of colour (I believe that phrase itself is fraught with difficulty) would be a totally different matter. But we are in danger of becoming an all too precious society. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

If an over 50 year old female had put their interest as over 50 males, what would she be accused of?

This thread is really turned interesting. There is a definite feel of the unrestrained woke to it. Stu isn’t my cup of tea at all and yes mentioning an interest in ‘girls’ when you’re a man who is over 60 is a bit creepy. But we seem to have lost a sense of humour along the way. Maybe Stu should use emojis more to reflect that he’s basically taking the Mickey. I wonder if any of the people dying in bunkers under Ukrainian industrial facilities wonder whether they might be misgendered or not? Or whether their potential rapist used the wrong pronouns. We are moving towards a world where the reality of what is actually happening is so diametrically opposed to what seems to get a lot of people irrationally angry. 

• Thanks 1

Many older Women refer to theirselves as ''Girls''!!! I refer to many Women as ''Guys''!!!

Why is it OK for young men to 'sow their wild oats' but not so for young women?

According to Radio 4 there is fashion now for Women only sex parties, should the delicate things be stopped to save theirselves for marriage???

Surely the salient point should be 'each to their own'? Grab a Granny, Sugar Daddies may be just what some are seeking? Can we say they are wrong?

• Confused 2

48 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

But I’m not sure your current reality is the same as most peoples current reality.

By and large people of different genders and different ages tend to rub along pretty well together. I’m not saying there aren’t problems  It’s those that  have an agenda and seek to create difficulties  ( eg using Stu’s innocuous use of the word “girls” ) that create these divisions.

Obviously if someone were to use the “N” word to describe someone of colour (I believe that phrase itself is fraught with difficulty) would be a totally different matter. But we are in danger of becoming an all too precious society. 

I haven't said anything that contradicts any of the above. Only that old man with young woman is a situation much more susceptible to abuses of power than the opposite.

There certainly is the possibility of coercion in an opposing age relationship, you see ti in Strand St where older men are followed by much younger Filipino women who are on their phone to their friends !

but who is to blame? the man for being a fool or the Woman for not taking advantage?

That choice is surely the ultimate freedom of the sexes?

7 hours ago, HeliX said:

I haven't said anything that contradicts any of the above. Only that old man with young woman is a situation much more susceptible to abuses of power than the opposite.

But the opposite is less likely to be reported.

Mrs. Robinson...