Douglas Sh@hole!

Max Power

13 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Most of the demolition sites around Douglas have had detailed development plans drawn up.  Most of those development sites remain undeveloped.

Yes, since long before there was a government incentive to crack on.

Most of them now have detailed plans drawn up under the new brownfield development scheme for which applications only closed a couple of months ago, and are now being considered.

The ones eligible will be announced in the coming months and so then progress should be made.

At least two of them will be going soon even without that additional funding.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

They won't be either while greenfield development is supported and promoted by Government.

And why do government promote them? Because loosely speaking government is in the pocket of the builders, and of course the greenfield landowners.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

They won't be either while greenfield development is supported and promoted by Government.

Brownfield development is subject to significant grants which are being determined as we speak.

What greenfield development is being promoted by government out of interest?

1 minute ago, Barlow said:

And why do government promote them? Because loosely speaking government is in the pocket of the builders, and of course the greenfield landowners.

Does this apply to the significant Dandara have just had turned down in Ramsey?  Why as a company would they be livid with that decision if they had government in their pockets ffs.

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

You don't get out much do you...

Nice answer when someone had no response to a perfectly valid question in response to some made up nonsense you posted with nothing to back it up.

Straight in with the insults rather than a reasoned response.

Well done you 

1 hour ago, Asthehills said:

Yes, since long before there was a government incentive to crack on.

Most of them now have detailed plans drawn up under the new brownfield development scheme for which applications only closed a couple of months ago, and are now being considered.

The ones eligible will be announced in the coming months and so then progress should be made.

At least two of them will be going soon even without that additional funding.

Do you have any postable links or sources to corroborate any of the above please because I haven't seen any press releases, Govt or otherwise to confirm, nor any "chatter" around the building industry to support. Genuine question.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

Do you have any postable links or sources to corroborate any of the above please because I haven't seen any press releases, Govt or otherwise to confirm, nor any "chatter" around the building industry to support. Genuine question.

https://www.iomdfenterprise.im/financial-support/funding/island-infrastructure-scheme/

The Mafia would struggle to compete with our snivel service! I'm surprised that the Newson's building wasn't brought up? They have pulled out all the stops, at great expense I may add, to protect a crumbling, ugly, uneconomic building. All they have succeeded in doing is piss off a developer who could have helped to solve a lot of the issues around the island. This has resulted in another eyesore, where there could now be a nice multi use building.

As usual, the 'powerful' idiots enjoy threatening behaviour, in the belief that their 'high office' will protect them. Twats, one and all!

• Like 6