Douglas Sh@hole!

Max Power

30 minutes ago, Hoops said:

Meanwhile in Ramsey, where an iconic quayside warehouse was pulled down against the recommendations of the planning officer brought in from the UK, we now have an office complex an ecological niche.

Eyesores and brownfield bombsites all over Ramsey, just as bad as Douglas, and it's been that way for years. Plenty of greenfield developments though.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Eyesores and brownfield bombsites all over Ramsey, just as bad as Douglas, and it's been that way for years. Plenty of greenfield developments though.

Like where?  You keep saying this but there hasn’t been any development in areas that haven’t been zoned for years and years for a very long time.

In fact, as already stated Dandara recently had a big one is Ramsey refused.

What about the Brownfield residential proposal MDC have put in for Douglas?  Loads of complaints and objections by short sighted people

Edited by Asthehills
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Asthehills said:

No, not links to the application process and availability of funding, I meant links confirming works starting up on these sites and projects within the timescales you are quoting? There appears to no press releases or news circulating within the trade in regard to this?

4 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

No, not links to the application process and availability of funding, I meant links confirming works starting up on these sites and projects within the timescales you are quoting? There appears to no press releases or news circulating within the trade in regard to this?

We're on the downward slope of the biggest slump in years so it ain't happening.

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

I don’t know how to make it any more simple for you.

There are developers lined up to get cracking with planning etc as soon as their applications are accepted.  Until that point they won’t be spending any further money.

Why would there be a press release saying “XYZ limited have applied for assistance through the scheme, and should it be approved will be progressing with their plans” ?

2 hours ago, Asthehills said:

In fact, as already stated Dandara recently had a big one is Ramsey refused.

I don't think it was refused out of hand. Dandara wanted to renegue on the requirement to build the required amount of social housing. They said that the site needed more money spent on it than they had anticipated, as they hadn't surveyed it properly. Probably a ploy to maximise their income without having to provide smelly housing for the great unwashed? A case of the planning committee doing its job properly!

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Max Power said:

I don't think it was refused out of hand. Dandara wanted to renegue on the requirement to build the required amount of social housing. They said that the site needed more money spent on it than they had anticipated, as they hadn't surveyed it properly. Probably a ploy to maximise their income without having to provide smelly housing for the great unwashed? A case of the planning committee doing its job properly!

Which site are you talking about because that is absolute gash.

Its concerning that two people who clearly have no idea what they are on about have already liked the post tbh.

4 minutes ago, finlo said:

They need to be made to fulfill their promises that they've reneged on on their previous developments before allowing them a spade in the ground elsewhere.

Like where?

Is there any chance of some on this thread today actually backing up the crap they are posting with any evidence?

4 minutes ago, finlo said:

They need to be made to fulfill their promises that they've reneged on on their previous developments before allowing them a spade in the ground elsewhere.

Not sure about promises, plans and intentions perhaps, but no promises. 

Just now, Asthehills said:

Like where?

Is there any chance of some on this thread today actually backing up the crap they are posting with any evidence?

Auldyn walk/meadow access road? nope, shop? nope, pub? nope, affordable homes? nope, all things in the plans to help smooth the planning process shower of twats!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2