Douglas Sh@hole!

Max Power

7 minutes ago, finlo said:

Except they obviously had no intention at all!

Why wouldn't they?  It is not as though getting planning permission would hugely increase the value of the plot.  It is not like getting planning permission for a plot in a city across which hugely increases the plot value. 

It would be illuminating to understand why the various developments have not proceeded despite the amount of money invested in getting the permission. 

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

Why wouldn't they?  It is not as though getting planning permission would hugely increase the value of the plot.  It is not like getting planning permission for a plot in a city across which hugely increases the plot value. 

It would be illuminating to understand why the various developments have not proceeded despite the amount of money invested in getting the permission. 

Not sure I follow your reasoning, for example access to said new estates was via an existing one supposedly for the initial construction then it would have it's own road in now they've welshed on the access road leaving the original estate to put up with all the extra traffic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, finlo said:

Not sure I follow your reasoning, for example access to said new estates was via an existing one supposedly for the initial construction then it would have it's own road in now they've welshed on the access road leaving the original estate to put up with all the extra traffic.

I am talking about the many brownfield sites which have had planning permission and not proceeded.  Why haven't they? 

Just now, Gladys said:

I am talking about the many brownfield sites which have had planning permission and not proceeded.  Why haven't they? 

Well you said they had intent when they clearly didn't! Anyway there's much more profit to made building on a clean slate.

1 hour ago, Asthehills said:

Which site are you talking about because that is absolute gash.

Its concerning that two people who clearly have no idea what they are on about have already liked the post tbh.

I think you'll find that it was minuted, I can't be bothered to trawl through the Government site to find it. 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, finlo said:

Splitting hairs, they were all on the original plan.

How is it Splitting hairs if they haven’t done something they never had to do ?

You and  others keep suggesting it’s all back handers and done deals.  Do you not think of that was the case they would have just built the access road to guarantee the next load of houses?

5 minutes ago, finlo said:

Well you said they had intent when they clearly didn't! Anyway there's much more profit to made building on a clean slate.

Why did they invest the expense of applying for PP?  It is not as though it will hugely increase the value of the land. They must have had the intent to develop or why invest in making the application? 

We need to understand why the developments do not proceed. 

2 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

How is it Splitting hairs if they haven’t done something they never had to do ?

You and  others keep suggesting it’s all back handers and done deals.  Do you not think of that was the case they would have just built the access road to guarantee the next load of houses?

Because they'll still get to build (throw up) elsewhere and leave half of that unfinished!

Their little stunt they pulled on the would be new residents in Ballasalla should tell you all you need to know about these shysters.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Asthehills said:

So no idea then?

I have been through the planning this afternoon and you are talking  shit

No I am not, we may be talking about two different developments perhaps? 

I'm glad to see your optimism on the redevelopment of Douglas brown field sites, apart from Westmoreland Village, which had perfectly useable buildings until recently, I know of no plans for any of those which some have lain flat for getting on for decades!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, finlo said:

Because they'll still get to build (throw up) elsewhere and leave half of that unfinished!

Their little stunt they pulled on the would be new residents in Ballasalla should tell you all you need to know about these shysters.

That was despicable, and not a whimper from our neutered government!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Max Power said:

No I am not, we may be talking about two different developments perhaps? 

I'm glad to see your optimism on the redevelopment of Douglas brown field sites, apart from Westmoreland Village, which had perfectly useable buildings until recently, I know of no plans for any of those which some have lain flat for getting on for decades!

Which one are you taking about?