Douglas Sh@hole!

Max Power

2 hours ago, Gladys said:

Or do I remember incorrectly? 

Yes, it was only pastel shades on Loch Promenade during 1970s. I think Paparazzi was the first to break with that in the late 1990s by using a torrid 'racing green' type colour, which I think was later bright pink.  Loch Promenade became more-or-less free-for-all.

1 hour ago, Barlow said:

I think Paparazzi was the first to break with that in the late 1990s by using a torrid 'racing green' type colour,

I remember driving out to see it. A few neighbours and I. We made a day of it. Life was simpler then.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 2112 said:

Charles Guard has been on the NPM calling Tynpotwald a sham. He says they will vote through a report then do nothing afterwards. He isn’t wrong, but that is the IOM all over. 

What exactly does he want them to do , as has already been explained they can’t force people to finish their developments & it’s people like him who don’t want newsons site redeveloped!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Banker said:

What exactly does he want them to do , as has already been explained they can’t force people to finish their developments & it’s people like him who don’t want newsons site redeveloped!

You are right, there is nothing they can or should do.

He is just spouting crap and idiots all over social media are lapping it up.

The best thing he could do for Douglas is change his mind about Newsons and let the developer get cracking.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Asthehills said:

and let the developer get cracking.

The site is a disgrace. I posted up pictures the other week. Almost anything would be better than what is there now which is a complete mess. Who is going to buy those dilapidated units advertised for sale by Cowley Groves when the bigger developments next door have been sat for years in no man’s land due to planning? The whole thing says that the IOM simply isn’t open to business. 

• Like 2

On 6/22/2023 at 1:40 PM, Roger Mexico said:

Chair of Business Isle of Man no less:

image.thumb.png.5374ef95008d1a9e9bf5e273c293ce10.png

Though he now seems to have been replaced without that bit of the website being up to date.  Because of the the important thing with websites is to pay for nice shiny new ones rather than keep them updated with useful information.

Yea, he’s been replaced with an ex brewery MD whose accounting practices are interesting. ie: all vehicle maintenance costs added to price of vehicle, not shown in P&L. He was fired.

Edited by Guest

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Everywhere is the same at the minute, more businesses are closing than opening so everything looks a bit tired and empty.

Anyone who thinks Douglas is a shithole clearly hasn’t left the island for a while though. A trip to Manchester a few weeks ago was certainly eye-opening about what shithole really means.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1