Douglas Sh@hole!

Max Power

1 hour ago, lfc84 said:

Market Street potholes and Bucks Road pavements

Both dreadful

That’s DOI isn’t it not local authorities, try going down the road past the arches towards Welbeck etc, massive potholes all the way down!

3 hours ago, Banker said:

That’s DOI isn’t it not local authorities, try going down the road past the arches towards Welbeck etc, massive potholes all the way down!

Try getting the lazy arsed twunts at DoI to do any meaningful work outside the TT course...

6 hours ago, lfc84 said:

Market Street potholes and Bucks Road pavements

Both dreadful

It's always seemed odd to me that Bucks Rd into the Terrace hasn't been tidied up. It probably does more retail trade than Parliament Street, Ramsey.

On the other hand I've never really got the criticism of Market Street, it's basically a back lane for servicing. 

7 hours ago, Ringy Rose said:

eye-opening about what shithole really means

While walking down Strand St last week I mused to myself what impression all these visitors from UK and overseas were getting of Douglas.  It is looking shabby as is most of the Island.  There is no longer any veneer of affluence that existed 20 years ago and before the finance sector lost its 'edge'.

However, I reconciled my thoughts to the fact that the places where all these visitors had traveled from, with a few exceptions, were probably no better.

5 minutes ago, Utah 01 said:

While walking down Strand St last week I mused to myself what impression all these visitors from UK and overseas were getting of Douglas.  It is looking shabby as is most of the Island.  There is no longer any veneer of affluence that existed 20 years ago and before the finance sector lost its 'edge'.

However, I reconciled my thoughts to the fact that the places where all these visitors had traveled from, with a few exceptions, were probably no better.

If they traveled from St Helens then they’d be overawed with Douglas…

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Banker said:

Most places in UK are worse holes , visit some north eastern towns!

Not really, there is no difference between Douglas and any other UK sea side town (except for a few thousand miles of coast line and a lot more places to go if that particular town isn't your thing).

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, RecklessAbandon said:

Not really, there is no difference between Douglas and any other UK sea side town

Tell me you’ve not left the island for years without telling me you’ve not left the island for years…

Exhibit one: Blackpool. Exhibit two: Morecambe. Exhibit three: Scarborough.

9 hours ago, Utah 01 said:

They’re probably worse. Douglas is a bit scruffy but it is clean. I was in Stockport a few weeks ago and whatever wasn’t covered in litter was covered in graffiti.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ringy Rose said:

Tell me you’ve not left the island for years without telling me you’ve not left the island for years…

They’re probably worse. Douglas is a bit scruffy but it is clean. I was in Stockport a few weeks ago and whatever wasn’t covered in litter was covered in graffiti.

Business visitors from all over the UK consistently comment on how clean and tidy Douglas and the rest of the island is.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Ringy Rose said:

I've not been on the IOM for well over a decade, so there is that.

12 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

All the people who constantly moan about the Isle of Man why don't you go and live in one of these towns that you claim are so much better? I don't understand why you would stay somewhere you hate

You may be missing the point of MF…

• Haha 5

28 minutes ago, Harry Lamb said:

Morecambe promenade is good and well-maintained, and they're getting Eden North.

The actual promenade surface is in good condition. The properties all along the promenade are the biggest shithole from hell so its not helping much. If Douglas is a shithole, what on earth is Morecambe?

• Like 2