Douglas Sh@hole!

Max Power

3 hours ago, Happier diner said:

The actual promenade surface is in good condition. The properties all along the promenade are the biggest shithole from hell so its not helping much. If Douglas is a shithole, what on earth is Morecambe?

I lived in Lancaster for 2 years and had to travel to Morecambe most days, utter hole unless you were a drug addict, loved a chippy or 2p falls machines 

1 hour ago, thommo2010 said:

I lived in Lancaster for 2 years and had to travel to Morecambe most days, utter hole unless you were a drug addict, loved a chippy or 2p falls machines 

The island is similar now, it just lacks the falls machines 

I live in the Dales/ Essex depending how thick you are Banker.....and there is no crime to talk of. Can leave my car unlocked when I pop into the local farm shop.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Blade Runner said:

Been there on holiday and it is about 500% better than the rock

We’re all glad you were deported and at least you’re scrounging off UK government now.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Cambon said:

Agreed. I have been there recently, and to Blackpool. Awful places. Morecombe will benefit from Eden North, if it happens, and happens there. Blackpool was an awful tacky place. I am glad to say Douglas is far better. 

Blackpool has got a Sainsbury's, a new Holiday Inn, a Hampton that's recently expanded, numerous Premier Inn's and Ibis. Not to mention Wetherspoons and trams that don't run down the middle of the carriageway i.e. sensibly towards the seaward paved side.

All that said, it's still a hole, but does show Douglas has some way to go yet before it rises off the bottom of the table.

2 minutes ago, lfc84 said:

Blackpool has got a Sainsbury's, a new Holiday Inn, a Hampton that's recently expanded, numerous Premier Inn's and Ibis. Not to mention Wetherspoons and trams that don't run down the middle of the carriageway i.e. sensibly towards the seaward paved side.

All that said, it's still a hole, but does show Douglas has some way to go yet before it rises off the bottom of the table.

I stayed in a fairly high end hotel, which was nice. Lager was £7.00 a pint. Took the tram along the prom, and it was chip shop after chip shop with the odd “Kiss Me Quick” hat shop thrown in. Prefer Douglas.