Douglas Sh@hole!

Max Power

1886 is booming, what better than for a rival to to have one across the street!

Some work started just before covid, came to a halt but someone is interested in the site. The original intention was, I think, office accomodation, probably not now?

3 minutes ago, Kopek said:

1886 is booming, what better than for a rival to to have one across the street!

Some work started just before covid, came to a halt but someone is interested in the site. The original intention was, I think, office accomodation, probably not now?

Tevir group own it and were supposed to have plans for it.

6 minutes ago, slinkydevil said:

We've missed the boat on legalising cannabis, so I think just legalise magic mushrooms and it will be fine. Weird, but fine.

Its completely weird they're even illegal. They grow everywhere. Very soon too, just need some proper rain.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don't think that dLas is as bad as we like to make out. It's old housing is a poor starting point for regeneration, what are we to do, move everyone out to Knockaloe in tents while we knock it all down and rebuild?

I can't think of any significant 'Brown Field' sites in DLas, unless you include Finch Hill bowling/tennis club and Jane croockall, perhaps Nobles Park and football site, as major redevelopement sites. Perhaps put another pitch at the Strang and stagger the matches? Dig the Cemetary up and social housing? Massive retail park on the south Cooil Rd, clear Strand and Castle streets for evening entertainment, clear the prom hotels for housing to take advantage of the 'Shared Space' recently created and then Dlas is like a Dutch new town!!! Fantastic?

Would be great if the mushrooms don't stain your teapot as much as tea tannins. Free your mind up to read Facebook threads three times only to discover the second reading made the most sense!!!

Slaynt as Shroom!!!

Edited by Kopek
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Kopek said:

I don't think that dLas is as bad as we like to make out. It's old housing is a poor starting point for regeneration, what are we to do, move everyone out to Knockaloe in tents while we knock it all down and rebuild?

I can't think of any significant 'Brown Field' sites in DLas, unless you include Finch Hill bowling/tennis club and Jane croockall, perhaps Nobles Park and football site, as major redevelopement sites. Perhaps put another pitch at the Strang and stagger the matches? Dig the Cemetary up and social housing? Massive retail park on the south Cooil Rd, clear Strand and Castle streets for evening entertainment, clear the prom hotels for housing to take advantage of the 'Shared Space' recently created and then Dlas is like a Dutch new town!!! Fantastic?

Park Road school is a large brownfield site that is ready to go.

• Like 1

Douglas is ultimately the economic indicator. Key signs - rest of Villiers never redeveloped. The main part of that site without an anchor tenant. Bus station not redeveloped. Middlemarch the same. That said, Zurich moved to Braddan, and Trevor seems to have done a great job with their old Athol St offices. And new retail units going up at Griddles, the Premier Inn seems to have done OK. 

Its very tricky to read.