800 Billion Pounds.....

ManxTaxPayer

8 minutes ago, b4mbi said:

That transcript says £800 Million?? it is so important not to get Millions and Billions confused! :D

Thanks for catching that. I went back to fix it and in my defence, it was the autocorrect on my Fire tablet. When I wrote billion it corrected it again to million. My electronic devices like to troll me. 

As for the gas, I'm more interested in the alleged gas reserves in the south as he seems to think fracking wouldn't be involved. I'm not sure I like the idea of fracking off Maughold. 

I'm also not sure I believe him about any of it. I'd like to see some receipts.

Just now, Zarley said:

Thanks for catching that. I went back to fix it and in my defence, it was the autocorrect on my Fire tablet. When I wrote billion it corrected it again to million. My electronic devices like to troll me. 

As for the gas, I'm more interested in the alleged gas reserves in the south as he seems to think fracking wouldn't be involved. I'm not sure I like the idea of fracking off Maughold. 

I'm also not sure I believe him about any of it. I'd like to see some receipts.

No probs..I've no idea what Cowin is on about either, nothing has been proven to the south of the Island that I'm aware, whereby it has in the north east.

I can't scream it loud enough though, extraction off Maughold would  NOT be shale fracking!! :)

The gas is trapped in sandstone deposits, and will flow under it's own pressure and not cause earth tremors.
 See here for differences

No different to what's been done in Morecambe Bay since 1985....

• Like 1

5 hours ago, b4mbi said:

No probs..I've no idea what Cowin is on about either, nothing has been proven to the south of the Island that I'm aware, whereby it has in the north east.

I can't scream it loud enough though, extraction off Maughold would  NOT be shale fracking!! :)

The gas is trapped in sandstone deposits, and will flow under it's own pressure and not cause earth tremors.
 See here for differences

No different to what's been done in Morecambe Bay since 1985....

Thanks for the link/information. Why does everyone seem to mention fracking in the same sentence as off-Maughold? Manx rumour mill? Fake news?  

I would hope Cowin has some evidence to back up his claims about the southwest, otherwise he's going to look like a fantasist at best or a liar at worst. Either way he's screwed if he can't show show some proof. 

21 minutes ago, Zarley said:

Thanks for the link/information. Why does everyone seem to mention fracking in the same sentence as off-Maughold? Manx rumour mill? Fake news?  

Ignorance and laziness. Fake news and rumours. Easy to believe and repeat if it fits your agenda.

Also easy to research if you can be bothered looking.

I highly doubt IOMG would issue an exploration licence if fracking was the extraction method. 

• Like 2

On 9/13/2021 at 5:51 AM, monasqueen said:

As I said earlier - I'm all for making builders put solar panels on all newbuilds. The costs of installation would then be at their minimum.

I have heard a whisper that Insulate Britain ( Isle of Man Branch) are planning some sort of lie down protest at the Broadway roundel.

Make of that what you will.

• Haha 1

On 9/14/2021 at 10:00 PM, The Voice of Reason said:

I have heard a whisper that Insulate Britain ( Isle of Man Branch) are planning some sort of lie down protest at the Broadway roundel.

Make of that what you will.

Most people probably wouldn't notice if they drove straight over them, such is the amount of bumps and obstacles on the new and refurbed prom at the moment. 

13 minutes ago, The Phantom said:

Considering the current problems with gas supply in the UK, it's probably a great time to investigate this further.... 

....and suddenly get a visit from a couple more helicoptors from across to deliver a personal message on behalf of HMG. 

12 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

Maybe the profits could be divided through the community? Everyone over 16 gets a share, everyone the same amount?

Why would that happen?  Have I missed something and following the election we are going to become some sort of communist idyll?

Private industry is funding investigation (as they should).  Govt should have zero involvement other than granting licences and taxing it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1