IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

2 hours ago, 2112 said:

I personally think that the standard was set when ex CM Quayle hired Charters as DHSC Head. With IOMG it seems if you have a bike or into 2 wheels, your a shoe in. Starship Enterprise are heavily running an advertisement on Facebook, via locate.im encouraging visiting bikers to relocate here. I would rather people have skills, experience and common sense along with some life experiences, over the ability to play golf, ride a cycle, ride a motorcycle or belong to the masons. 

Murray, and Ewart were Couch appointees

19 hours ago, cissolt said:

Tough to know where to start.  Especially galling is the new CEO of DHSS was culpable for conspiring with Magson to prevent Dr Ranson from leading the testing meetings.  

The lawyer described her exchanges with Magson as catty. 

She got promoted into Magson role due to arse 😘 kissing 

Shows how you can do well in that culture by sucking up, the culture will continue in DHSC as Malone seems to have got promoted by doing the dirty work for her mates.  Disgusting 🤮 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mysteron said:

If recent appointments/disasters are anything to go by, they clearly seem to prioritise style over susbstance.

This.... and not just recently either.

It's about titles like "Director of this and that Policy" and very little to do with actually making stuff work for the benefit of the GMT. IOMG is littered with these non-jobs.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Wanting Justice said:

I am currently taking Manx Care to tribunal after I whistle blew, it is the same themes bullying, victimization lack of accountability, one person with a flawed view leading in decisions that effect those involved/ collusion with HR and lack of challenge from HR/ raising issues of capability but not to the individual involved and no evidence to back it up.  Suffering humiliation, professional reputation destroyed. The list goes on! 

I bet you’re not the only one either. I hope you’re ok and you get the support and justice you need. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Holte End said:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/ashford-not-considering-position-following-ranson-decision/

It determined she was unfairly dismissed – an outcome Mr Ashford said was 'disappointing'.

Un-bloody believable.

The whole scenario is disappointing , the fact that this talentless scruffy little twerp is termed minister beggars belief !

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, asitis said:

The whole scenario is disappointing , the fact that this talentless scruffy little twerp is termed minister beggars belief !

Not much talent in the pool though.

• Like 2

Presumably there will only be sub-judice issues if the DHSC decides to appeal against the ruling, which would be foolish (the report is clearly written to be as watertight and based on multiple causes as possible) but that's never stopped them before.  Arguably you could say that they need to keep quiet still if negotiation is going on with compensation/reinstatement.

Also if the Government Code says that Ministers must not "involve themselves in individual employment issues" how come Ashford is calling it "disappointing".

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Ashford standing firm, for the firm. Funny how he can stand behind the ministerial code which states minister's can't become involved in employment issues. The same ministerial code which applied to interested parties excusing themselves from covid handout meetings. The code wasn't an obstacle back then...

Worth listening to Ashford's 39 seconds. 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/ashford-not-considering-position-following-ranson-decision

Edited by quilp
Rogmex beat me to it...
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Holte End said:

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/ashford-not-considering-position-following-ranson-decision/

It determined she was unfairly dismissed – an outcome Mr Ashford said was 'disappointing'.

Un-bloody believable.

What do you think he's disappointed by - the ruling or the unfair dismissal?

He's been found out to be a snivelling lying tow rag. Which makes me sure about his so called  'shredded' letter in the RG case. He is just about at the top of manx politics but with zero credibility left if he even had any before. We are all in a really bad place because of actions by the likes of him. Its also clear that they seemingly will lie and 'produce' paperwork to get out of a situation all of there own making. We all knew this sort of stuff has gone on for years but there slowly being found out. Hopefully this is just the start !! .

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3