IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

Just now, Wavey Davey said:

He admits that Ashford has more of the Walter Mitty about him that a lot of other politicians. That’s an understatement as he is a complete fantasist in all respects. Thomas also cleverly weaves in a lot of the wording used around his MBE award to make the suggestion that perhaps he wasn’t deserving of that either. 

Whichever way Ashford comes out of this he has to resign. He was either;

1) A total patsy that was walked over and taken advantage of by the DHSC senior management, thus allowing this state of affairs 

OR 

2) He was aware of what was going on and was complicit in allowing this state of affairs.

Either way this person should not be in charge of the Treasury. Cannan needs to remove him with immediate effect. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

The separate allegations of forged documentation provided to the tribunal by DHSC/Manx Care is yet to be investigated, suggesting possible criminal charges. If true it will be the most damning aspect in all of this and have far-reaching effects.

I've said it before, there is no better time than now to start serious consideration to bring in legislation relating to Malfeasance in Public Office.

• Like 11

There will be hand- ringing;

There will be promises of changes;

( The first should be a new directive that anyone who ever uses the term “lessons will be learnt” will  from hence forth  be summarily executed - garroted in front of Legislative  Buildings by  red tape specially saved  for this purpose  from their own Department)

There will be resignations, eventually.

There will be at least one lengthy investigation.

At some stage,it might dawn upon  MHKs  that not only are they the mouthpiece of Gov Depts., but also  human shields for senior civil servants  for when things get a bit sticky.

As a specially protected species, investigations should perhaps be prefaced by  “ No civil servants were harmed in the making of this document” 

Edited by hampsterkahn

I hope David does not resign, I don’t see why he should.   He has worked tirelessly all through the pandemic and probably was not in the playground when the three woman were having their differences of opinions.    The venomous Thomas has not done anything of note in the entire time he has been a member of Tynwald except waffle .    I sent David an email a short time ago, a reply came the next day with all the information I had asked for he is extremely hard working and conscientious.   As Dr Allinson said today they were difficult times with lots of different opinions  from respected health professionals.     Hindsight is a wonderful thing. 

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

I hope David does not resign, I don’t see why he should.   He has worked tirelessly all through the pandemic and probably was not in the playground when the three woman were having their differences of opinions.    The venomous Thomas has not done anything of note in the entire time he has been a member of Tynwald except waffle .    I sent David an email a short time ago, a reply came the next day with all the information I had asked for he is extremely hard working and conscientious.   As Dr Allinson said today they were difficult times with lots of different opinions  from respected health professionals.     Hindsight is a wonderful thing. 

And a huge thanks to David's girlfriend for this contribution to the thread.

• Haha 8
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Perhaps listen to the Phil gawne show on manxradio and read both the Dr Glover PAC hearings and the recent tribunal.  He failed to pass on medical advice, claimed we were acting on medical advice.

Even Anne Corlett knew it was going on, and she's the least useful mhk since Zac Hall!

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Replying to an email does not make him unsackable. In fact that's a nonsensical arguement. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Banker said:

Surprised that Dr Ewart hasn’t resigned given what tribunal said about her! Difficult to sack her unfortunately as now in cabinet office, Greenhow in charge & of course he should be resigning as well 

As bizarre as it sounds I'm not sure she thinks she has done anything wrong. 

• Like 1

Well everyone is entitled to their opinion and there are a lot of the public who are on David’s side he is very well thought of by a lot of his constituents.   Inquiries and tribunals aside nothing is ever black and white and none of the people who are playing judge and jury were in the playground at the time, lots of questions asked, lots of questions unasked, it was a tricky time for any health professional or politician.     I wonder how many of the critics would have handled a pandemic?

• Haha 2

Just now, Ham_N_Eggs said:

As bizarre as it sounds I'm not sure she thinks she has done anything wrong. 

I'm not sure she has tbh, other than been mouthy towards Ranson who, it seems to me, doesn't like views that might run counter to her own.

I'm not defending or disparaging anyone here but it seems to me that Ranson may not have been party to the bigger picture. In fact there's no reason why she should have been. She was the Medical Director, one small cog in a not insubstantial group of people trying to work their way through a once in a 2 x generation pandemic. Saying "close the borders now" is one thing but not being party to everything else that was going on at the same time smacks of naivety and a little egotistical... the "I'm right and everyone else is wrong" syndrome. Harping on in that manner ain't gonna win you friends. Which leads me to wonder if she was a team player? If not, then perhaps it shouldn't come as a surprise that some of her colleagues sidelined her.

Just a thought and I'll probably get shot down for putting it out there.

• Like 1