IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

11 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

I wonder how many of the critics would have handled a pandemic?

You make a rather reckless assumption there that he actually did handle the pandemic. It’s clear from the chain of command that hardly any information seems to have got through to him. Mostly the DHSC seem to have sorted themselves out before “gold” briefings were sent to him and the only time they really called on him to do something is when some public bullying needed doing. Like over Rachel Glover and his vanishing letter. Or suggesting, as Dr Allinson confirmed at the tribunal, that Ranson shouldn’t be listened to as she was mental.

Its amazing that so many people are still swooning over an actor who managed to bluff a load of people irrationally worried about dying that he was vaguely competent. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

Well everyone is entitled to their opinion and there are a lot of the public who are on David’s side he is very well thought of by a lot of his constituents.   Inquiries and tribunals aside nothing is ever black and white and none of the people who are playing judge and jury were in the playground at the time, lots of questions asked, lots of questions unasked, it was a tricky time for any health professional or politician.     I wonder how many of the critics would have handled a pandemic?

Dr Glover and  Dr Ranson for a start.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is exactly what I have heard Andy and you probably will get shot down as I have been some some of the people with the guns would have been totally out of their depth trying to keep all the balls in the air in a pandemic let alone try to keep people with different opinions happy.   Just say they had closed the borders a week earlier how many Islanders would have been stranded abroad with such little notice there was enough of a ding dong trying to get the ones back with that extra weeks warning, there is a lot of stuff to go into the mix before decisions are made.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Harping on in that manner ain't gonna win you friends. Which leads me to wonder if she was a team player? If not, then perhaps it shouldn't come as a surprise that some of her colleagues sidelined her.

Her very high 360 feedback scores strongly suggest she was a team player. But maybe she was in the wrong team? 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Bandits said:

Her very high 360 feedback scores strongly suggest she was a team player. But maybe she was in the wrong team? 

There was only ever going to be one team and you would kind of expect glowing references from fellow 'medics' (except those of course who she managed to upset) coz that's what the defence team lined up for her. 

What is clear to me is that the person who could/should have put a lid on all of this and didn't was the erstwhile HRH the CM. We've heard nothing from him. He's as culpable as his sidekick Ashford.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Bandits said:

Exactly that.  Her problem was that she wanted a local solution to the pandemic, not the easy 'follow the uk' lazy option preferred by Magson and Ashford and Henrietta when she finally returned from holiday.

Before you paint him as a saint Kathryn...erm sorry hissingsid, his decision to not listen to actual medical professionals led to huge loss of life and extended lockdowns with massive financial implications for everyone.

He also questioned the mental health of a Dr who he saw deliver a presentation a day earlier with no issues because her view differed from two non medical people. 

If we have another pandemic should we just allow a former banking relationship manager and a pub quiz master to deal with it?  Or maybe, just maybe, we should leave it to actual qualified professionals?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

There was only ever going to be one team and you would kind of expect glowing references from fellow 'medics' (except those of course who she managed to upset) coz that's what the defence team lined up for her. 

What is clear to me is that the person who could/should have put a lid on all of this and didn't was the erstwhile HRH the CM. We've heard nothing from him. He's as culpable as his sidekick Ashford.

I fully agree with you on the last bit. It’s only Ronnie Corbett on the block here as Ronnie Barker has got off the hook. But on the first bit the 360 degree feedback mentioned was part of her job appraisal though not part of the court proceedings. The targets were randomly selected by HR not her lawyers. 

3 minutes ago, Bandits said:

I fully agree with you on the last bit. It’s only Ronnie Corbett on the block here as Ronnie Barker has got off the hook. But on the first bit the 360 degree feedback mentioned was part of her job appraisal though not part of the court proceedings. The targets were randomly selected by HR not her lawyers. 

The 360 feedback stuff - that sounds like she's been thrown a lifeline then by PSCHR to save face. And so that leads me to believe that Ranson is likely to walk away with a very substantial sized cheque. This could all have been avoided if there was a proper mechanism in place with the PSCHR to handle these kind of cases.  But then that's IOMG for you.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

The 360 feedback stuff - that sounds like she's been thrown a lifeline then by PSCHR to save face. And so that leads me to believe that Ranson is likely to walk away with a very substantial sized cheque. This could all have been avoided if there was a proper mechanism in place with the PSCHR to handle these kind of cases.  But then that's IOMG for you.

What’s your view on her whistleblowing claims? That’s the main issue here. She claims she was victimised first and foremost for whistle blowing. 

39 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

Well she went to Ashford to ask for help & he refused to speak to her, probably blocked her numbers!!

• Confused 1

53 minutes ago, Manxman2000 said:

Very good interview with Chris Robertshaw on you tube.  Well worth listening and digesting as he dose a good job of trashing Ashford and I think it was Hooper

I couldn't understand that because as far as I can see Hooper would have nothing to do with it.  Robertshaw complained about his evidence to the Tribunal, but as far as I can see he didn't testify.

7 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I couldn't understand that because as far as I can see Hooper would have nothing to do with it.  Robertshaw complained about his evidence to the Tribunal, but as far as I can see he didn't testify.

Hooper's name is not in the tribunal documents, but at 11:00 in the above video Robertshaw states that Hooper was a witness. I assume Robertshaw was in the audience. If I had known what was going to happen, I would have made the effort also.