IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

18 minutes ago, Bandits said:

That report makes it even more inexplicable why Ashford is still hanging on. 

It’s more than just that though. In Segal she seems to have been able to get a top flight QC who has taken on a load of rank amateurs. They should be asking the question how many times has government got away with forging documents in the past? This can’t have been the first time that they’ve done it. But it’s maybe the first time they haven’t got away with it as the QC clearly has a good team behind him analyzing meta data in documents presented. 

But how many times previously have documents presented been taken as fact because a less analytical legal team or local advocate with less resources at their disposal has been more trusting of submissions? It seems to me that they’ve got lazy as they’ve got away with these sort of tactics before and thought they could get away with it again which casts a great shadow over the DHSC and the government personnel office. Ashford should resign though absolutely categorically. 

Edited by Newsdesk
Amendment
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is it possible that all the proven shenanigans and these new allegations of misdeeds happened on Ashford's watch without him having a single iota of what was taking place? And the silence of Quayle is deafening.

Astonishing. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, quilp said:

Seems like the cat isn't quite out of the bag just yet.

Further questions to be asked. Definitely worth a read.

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/ranson-case-will-get-second-hearing-547607

Isn't that IoM Today link just repeating stuff from the tribunal decision last week?  There are no new revelations in it, are there?

Edited by Ghost Ship
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, quilp said:

Is it possible that all the proven shenanigans and these new allegations of misdeeds happened on Ashford's watch without him having a single iota of what was taking place? And the silence of Quayle is deafening.

Astonishing. 

If he didn't know what was going on, he should have. If he wasn't so far up his own backside he would/should have noticed something was amiss and got to the bottom of it.

No matter how you look at it, he has to go. I have absolutely no confidence in his abilities as a minister and I doubt many others do.

It's frightening that he's in charge of the purse-strings at a time of economic crisis. That fact that Alf hasn't got rid also leaves me with no confidence in the Chief Minister. 

What a shit-show. Astonishing indeed.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, quilp said:

Astonishing. 

He is either implicit or incompetent. 

Either way he needs to go. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Zarley said:

If he didn't know what was going on, he should have. If he wasn't so far up his own backside he would/should have noticed something was amiss and got to the bottom of it.

No matter how you look at it, he has to go. I have absolutely no confidence in his abilities as a minister and I doubt many others do.

It's frightening that he's in charge of the purse-strings at a time of economic crisis. That fact that Alf hasn't got rid also leaves me with no confidence in the Chief Minister. 

What a shit-show. Astonishing indeed.

He was rabbiting the same lines given during covid regarding the cost of living issues.   Economists views are split on the whether inflation will continue so we will sit back and do nothing.  Or whatever the UK tells us to do.   Perhaps he is only listening to an administrative CEO in treasury?

34 minutes ago, Zarley said:

Can’t argue with any of that. He has to go and he will go. He just personifies the arrogance of Comin with his refusal to accept reality. The problem with Ashy is that he has been bailed out most of his political life by the people around him. Because he’s a bit of a tool and people feel sorry for him at that same time as knowing that he’s useful as he will literally do anything he’s told without even thinking about it. But he has to go. He really has to go otherwise Cannans government has no credibility. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

59 minutes ago, Ghost Ship said:

Isn't that IoM Today link just repeating stuff from the tribunal decision last week?  There are no new revelations in it, are there?

I presume this is just them publishing online part of the coverage they had in the paper last week when the Decision came out.  But there were so many astounding revelations in that document that it doesn't do any harm to emphasise them and put this up for posterity.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Wavey Davey said:

Can’t argue with any of that. He has to go and he will go. He just personifies the arrogance of Comin with his refusal to accept reality. The problem with Ashy is that he has been bailed out most of his political life by the people around him. Because he’s a bit of a tool and people feel sorry for him at that same time as knowing that he’s useful as he will literally do anything he’s told without even thinking about it. But he has to go. He really has to go otherwise Cannans government has no credibility. 

What if he knows things that Cannan won't want to be public knowledge?

5 hours ago, quilp said:

And the silence of Quayle is deafening.

The beauty of the system, the slate is wiped clean after election or departure.

It would take special procedure, such as happened during the MDF Inquiry, to bring any departed politician or CS back to face questioning so there's certainly no obligation to make any voluntary or unsolicited comment.

All part of the unaccountability.

Edited by Non-Believer
typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dr. Grumpy said:

What if he knows things that Cannan won't want to be public knowledge?

I think we may all be over complicating things here. He has simply hypnotised the rest of the Council of Ministers using his vampiric powers. No other explanation fits as to why he hasn't gone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 6