IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

3 hours ago, wrighty said:

Who should resign?

No one left to resign but SJM and his advisor were instrumental in the appointment of Angela Murray - and who knows who else appointed and now gone? Magson? John Spicer - remember him? .... probably not .

Murray would bear a lot of the responsibilty for this debacle if she hadn't already been 'moved on' for being a bully (with apparently a very nice payout) long before the RR tribunal.

Conie was explicitly warned by a member of the exec team that the 'plan' to move on from RR would  certainly result in an unfair dismissal claim and that RR was very 'details oriented' and was married to a lawyer.

I think the whistleblowing strategy blindsided everyone but in retrospect it was always a likely move because it took the tribunal's unfair dismissal cap off and allowed for the huge payout.

Lots of really important lessons here but nothing useful will come out of it I'm sure.

2 minutes ago, Banker said:

But can any action be taken against Magson & where is she now?

Returned to the UK and she refused to even attend and/or give evidence and our "player on the global stage" Government had no way of enforcing otherwise. 

• Like 1

"129. Slice-by-slice, her role of Medical Director had been taken away from her by 1st April
2021. Besides being humiliated in front of her colleagues, her humiliation was
apparent up to and including high levels of Government and the Council of Ministers"

And the high levels of Government and the Council of Ministers reacted by doing...?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

25 minutes ago, forestboy said:

They are beyond the pail in many respects. 

Is there a hole in their bucket? 

beyond the pale

phrase of pale

1. outside the bounds of acceptable behaviour.
    "the language my father used was beyond the pale"

Edited by Itsmeee
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

And the high levels of Government and the Council of Ministers reacted by doing...?

Doing what they're good at which is ignoring, pointlessly pontificating and taking their salaries. They need to get back onto their 5 bar gates and get the straw back between their teeth which is where we elect them from.

This is also surely another pointer towards the civil service being out of control, self-determining and unaccountable. Nobody can now or will be held responsible for this, the fact that Ms Magson couldn't be obliged to attend legal process here marks us out as a Mickey Mouse jurisdiction with no clout beyond our own border.

But the public purse is now short £3.1M plus legal and admin costs incurred during the process. Suck it up, taxpayers.

Edited by Non-Believer
Typo
  • Like 13

2 minutes ago, Itsmeee said:

Is there a hole in their bucket? 

beyond the pale

phrase of pale

1. outside the bounds of acceptable behaviour.
    "the language my father used was beyond the pale"

Certainly a hole in the bucket to waste all our taxes    
Thanks for the English lesson  😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Worth dwelling on this point Non-Believer. If we're to believe it, and I'm not sure I do; Magson is/was untouchable; unaccountable; and beyond the summons of an industrial tribunal that was chiefly investigating her actions and decisions.

Who was giving her legal advice and where did it come from ?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Could one good UK legal eagle have looked at her situation at her behest and said, "Fuck 'em, they've got no jurisdiction here. That'll be £10k please"...?

And our AG's etc. depart with their tail between their legs?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Worth dwelling on this point Non-Believer. If we're to believe it, and I'm not sure I do; Magson is/was untouchable; unaccountable; and beyond the summons of an industrial tribunal that was chiefly investigating her actions and decisions.

She was untouchable because as far as I was told she was on secondment and under contract, not an employee. I doubt a service contract was even signed and even if they did there'll have been all sorts of get out clauses etc.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Maybe it didn't come from a UK lawyer. Maybe it came from here.

She was back in UK at the time of these hearings, why would she have engaged local (IoM) counsel?

One might have thought that local counsel from within the local system would have suggested to her that her attendance was mandatory? JW?