IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

Minister Julie Edge MHK is the latest politico to add their two pennerth in, in the aftermath of the RR tribunal. On the NPM she says government workers must be held to account for failings. I’m the RR tribunal many people, both political and civil servant were heavily criticised but other than resignations, nothing much happened. Government are scared of taking action, for fear of possible legal action (tribunal) and union activity. Furthermore she says that blame shouldn’t always fall on politicians - a lame excuse.

FFS what’s NPM ? If you mean Manx radio or 3 Fm just say so!!

25 minutes ago, 2112 said:

National Propaganda Mouthpiece - a state owned and controlled media outlet. Propped up by the taxpayers, used by government to manipulate the news agenda, and trot out its messages. 

Absolute bollocks conspiracy theory!!

They often run news stories critical of government & departments 

• Haha 3

Clare Christian on the NPM today has observed that CM Cannan proposed ‘independent assessment’ is ‘very vague’. No shit Sherlock, that’s the intention. He had to come up with something, otherwise the pressure on him would have been too great. This is a bullshit thing, and really Clare needs to get things into order to her motion passed. However, the timeframe of 1 year to report back is too generous, and it may give those who haven’t already been criticised (or could be in a future report), or are still working within IOMG an opportunity to either resign or retire. This inquiry needs to be truly independent, but if CM Cannan and COMIN has its way I’m sure it will be chaired by a Manx Establishment figure. An experienced KC who has carried independent reports would be ideal. 

Clare Christian MHK has put her head above the parapet is prepared to stand up, and be counted. However, her motion no matter how well intentioned, has flaws, I doubt will get a real results, and the committee will have no teeth. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 2112 said:

This inquiry needs to be truly independent, but if CM Cannan and COMIN has its way I’m sure it will be chaired by a Manx Establishment figure

20 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Clare Christian MHK has put her head above the parapet is prepared to stand up, and be counted.

My understanding is that she wants a Select Committee of Tynwald members, selected by Tynwald members, to conduct the inquiry. I do not count that as putting her head above the parapet.

44 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

My understanding is that she wants a Select Committee of Tynwald members, selected by Tynwald members, to conduct the inquiry. I do not count that as putting her head above the parapet.

I don’t dispute what you’re saying. Compared to other MHKs and MLCs she has been vocal and critical. Some of the others won’t say anything as they at present have vested interests. A select Tynwald Committee is both marking their own homework, and is naturally biased. The same could be said for CM Cannans proposed inquiry, which no doubt like everything else be all smoke and mirrors, lots of meaningless waffle, with little lessons being learned. In the meantime, the same civil servants and politicos will be ruling the roost and free to hector, lecture and bully.  

Edited by 2112
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

“ senior officials will just lie…”

Thats quite some accusation. You say that’s your experience, ( rather than say your perception)

No doubt you have the necessary evidence to support your statement.

I see that @joebean has already responded from his personal experience of dealing with senior officials, but you really need to look no further than at the behaviour of senior officials during the Ranson matter.  Not only at the way Dr Ranson was treated but at the conduct of officials during the tribunal itself.

Just look at the 202 page decision of the tribunal dated 9th May, paying particular attention to paras 56 - 67 (the credibilty of Miss Magson) and paras 70 - 79 (the credibility of Dr Ewart) and form your own conclusions.

As I understand it Magson had to swear two affidavits to the effect that that she had disclosed all the relevant material from her day books (which were still in her physical possession) and yet even further discosures were made after she had sworn those affidavits.  (See paras 795 and 809 - 812).

• Thanks 1

On 5/13/2023 at 10:14 PM, Roger Mexico said:

Quiet.  But you still need to examine the details of what is going wrong so it can be fixed.  Without analysis there's no way problems can be fixed.  Obvious management will resist this because blaming others is easier than accepting responsibility and the see details as less important than making lofty statements.

I do sometimes wonder quite how "Real Time" DHSC/MC systems are.

Plus, it seems to take an eternity for letters to get posted out, especially from Nobles.