IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

I’d hazard a guess that Dr Ranson found her dealing with Manx bureaucracy protracted, frustrating, absurd and (occasionally) frightening. If the latest HR-inspired initiative/ strategy that Manx Care is rolling out is something that our medical professionals welcome, then I am all for it (happy staff = happy patients). But I am not popping champagne just yet - we need evidence this will bring some tangible benefits.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, forestboy said:

Had a cardiologist appointment on 1  March.  Letter dictated same date.  Letter typed 12 March.

Letter received today 17 April!!  Postmarked envelope 16 April!!

Wow! That's real fast!

1 hour ago, Two-lane said:

Investigation closed in November 2023. Incident made public in April 2024. Someone's got to query how long it took for the press release to be typed up - not me, I wouldn't do that kind of thing.

Thommo will be along just now to tell us that we didn't need to know then and we don't need to know now. It's like a Manx statute of limitations on news over here. We have to protect the brand...

The reality will be that the employee has 'left the Island' and moved on. They will have been 'incentivised' to keep schtum and no charges will be brought. If however...  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Two-lane said:

Investigation closed in November 2023. Incident made public in April 2024. Someone's got to query how long it took for the press release to be typed up - not me, I wouldn't do that kind of thing.

The situation is worse because they couldn't identify whose records they were as some of them were water damaged.  Was there a digital copy? Or have we actually just lost someone's medical records forever?

How many other staff have medical records at home?

Who else has access to these records at the persons home?

• Like 1