IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

On 9/14/2024 at 3:21 AM, Jarndyce said:

I know.   I was suggesting that she was slightly more effective (or at least, did less damage) than the other three, even allowing for her unpopularity in the role.

Which I guess is why she was missed off the list in asitis’ post…

It was a sliding doors (and to be fair there has been a few) moment when KB was dismissed to preserve Dr Couch in his role.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, asitis said:

I think it is possibly there by the public, but who wants to pay more into the Government black hole of profligacy !

I trust Manx Care to spend money carefully more than IOM Government as a whole. 

At least they have frequent board meetings where the details of spend and over-spend are reported.

I don't see departments doing that.

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Alanbellend said:

How much time do they spend reading social media? Are they brain-dead or vacuous enough to think that it is significant? Do they want microphones in the snug so they can listen in to what Ena Sharples is saying about them?

Is there any common sense there?

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Alanbellend said:

Oh bo hoo blubb blubb. We made everyone pay more tax then we immediately fucked it all up but it’s so unfair being criticised for not being very good on social media 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/manx-care-condemns-personal-named-attacks-on-its-executive-team/

Who is being called out by name, though?

58 minutes ago, Alanbellend said:

Oh bo hoo blubb blubb. We made everyone pay more tax then we immediately fucked it all up but it’s so unfair being criticised for not being very good on social media 

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/manx-care-condemns-personal-named-attacks-on-its-executive-team/

If anyone is stupid enough to make threats, written on social media or orally, then they can expect the full force of the law to visit them. Let’s see those criticised lodge a complaint with the police against their perpetrators. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vaaish said:

It may be the case that Manx Care is both underfunded and yet also less than able when it comes to financial management. In fact, I wouldn’t  bet against it.

What would bring that argument/theory to the fore if the big wigs at Who Cares? resigned …………… and their reasoning?

43 minutes ago, Boo Gay'n said:

Who is being called out by name, though?

I don’t know but clearly they don’t have a thick skin. Likely the CEO as everytime I see a picture of her on social media she’s sucking her face in to take some ridiculous selfie with her much valued staff. She seems to spend far too much time managing her own brand online so I would guess any criticism pisses her off. 

Edited by Alanbellend

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

If anyone is stupid enough to make threats, written on social media or orally, then they can expect the full force of the law to visit them. Let’s see those criticised lodge a complaint with the police against their perpetrators. 

I assume you support personal abuse and harassment of public officials because they’re highly paid then? It’s people like you that cause these issues with anonymous attacks.

• Confused 1

interesting on the Manx radio politics programme  today Chris Thomas predicted Hooper will be gone as health Minister  by next week also Allinson was also tottering  afer  a fall out with the Chief Minister , interesting programme, Alf was on first said a lot but in fact absolutely   nothing  , saving statement for the Government conference next week , 

get the feeling  all is not well in the corridors of power  , and the council of ministers   there are obviously several ministers  not performing !      can't disagree with that  !

• Like 5