IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

3 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Then why not just say that?  "I'm waiting to see what the Chief Minister is going to announce, before I give my own opinion on further action".  No need to dress in up in dodgy legal language that just makes them look gullible.

What is JWs call on the Sub-Judice stuff? 

Fact? or Fiction?

During the period in the Pandemic that most of this tribunal covers, most of us watched each night rather anxiously , wishfully  thinking, almost willing that the people who spoke to us knew what they were doing and were in control.

Unknown to us then, we know learn there were spiteful attacks from the Public Health chief who resented the input from the chief medical officer but was very keen to  guard own time  off,  a bragging chief minister and a health minister who assumed  the role and gravitas of learned virologist/epidemiologist/vaccine expert but in reality his channel of information was a via music graduate with no medical training, who was working three days a week based in the UK ,who actively prevented other medical professionals  from having direct contact with him.

The account by Gov regarding the Steam Packet and the pandemic issue stretched credulity;the Abbotswod investigation was clumsy and flawed and the theatrical waving of the  “letter”  regarding  Dr Glover would have been  seen as pantomime farce if it had not been such a serious issue.This wasto be followed and excelled  in ineptitude by the “anaesthetists’ debacle.

We have been seriously let down.

The insight we have  so far from an MHK is that is has “cost a lot of money”

That's the least of the problems, mate. 

Edited by hampsterkahn
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 5

46 minutes ago, hampsterkahn said:

The insight we have  so far from an MHK is that is has “cost a lot of money”

For Dr Ranson no doubt, I would like to know from this illinformed MHK has he ever bothered to talk to someone who has been in this predicament, But you can tell by the way he has talked about it, he has very little empathy for Dr Ranson plight.

• Like 1

@BankerChris Thomas is spot on with his analysis of Ashford, as to why he received the MBE - his ability to absorb medical information and present it to the public in a useful way. The findings into his role in the unfair dismissal of Rosalind Ranson leave more questions than answers, and those findings whilst not heavily critical, they were still critical, to the point that they don’t respond to the actions of someone who has been honoured by HM The Queen.

There is nothing to stop Chris Thomas from introducing a Private Members Bill relating to Whistleblowing. 

Edited by 2112
  • Thanks 1

Unfortunately  @Chris Thomas when you kick one Minister they all go "OW" ,just like Senior Civil Servants.     Mr Cannan statement tomorrow, will it be a Sir Humphrey Appleby composition defending the indefensible.Reflecting on what difficult times we were in, how Minister can't micromanage CEO's every decision on staffing matters, making the problem, the Ministerial code of conduct that blocks their intervention on said staffing and what could have david have done to stop this without all the facts. In the end all Tynwald will feel like David was the victim of all this. or will he just sack him.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Holte End said:

In the end all Tynwald will feel like David was the victim of all this. or will he just sack him.

It will get down to sacking in the end. John Shimmin offered his resignation to Allan Bell and Bell refused to take it. A day later he took it and a line was drawn on the affair. That’s what happens when you need to draw a line and move on. If Ashford had any integrity (he clearly has none) then he would have already offered to go.

I’m ringing both my MHKs this morning to let them know what I think and others should do the same. They’re there to represent us not kiss Cannans ass or protect one of their own failed Ministers.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Holte End said:

Mr Cannan statement tomorrow, will it be a Sir Humphrey Appleby composition defending the indefensible.Reflecting on what difficult times we were in, how Minister can't micromanage CEO's every decision on staffing matters, making the problem, the Ministerial code of conduct that blocks their intervention on said staffing and what could have david have done to stop this without all the facts. In the end all Tynwald will feel like David was the victim of all this. or will he just sack him.

That is clearly the line they are going to try to use. If he does he’s lost all credibility with me. What sort of hold does Ashford hold over Cannan? The man is literally an idiot and, as Chris Thomas noted on MR yesterday, a Walter Mitty character. Just throw him under a bus and move on. It’s like they feel sorry for him as they know he’s a buffoon who is just trying really hard at being a Minister.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Banker said:

He admits that Ashford has more of the Walter Mitty about him that a lot of other politicians. That’s an understatement as he is a complete fantasist in all respects. Thomas also cleverly weaves in a lot of the wording used around his MBE award to make the suggestion that perhaps he wasn’t deserving of that either. 

• Like 3