IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

4 hours ago, Dr. Grumpy said:

What if he knows things that Cannan won't want to be public knowledge?

I’d say the chances of Ashford knowing something that Cannan doesn’t want public is fairly remote. And in fact if that was the case they would have taken this opportunity to totally discredit him as they have other people so that every-time he opens his mouth he has no credibility. But they haven’t. They are allowing him to discredit himself in his own unique way. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Wavey Davey said:

I’d say the chances of Ashford knowing something that Cannan doesn’t want public is fairly remote. And in fact if that was the case they would have taken this opportunity to totally discredit him as they have other people so that every-time he opens his mouth he has no credibility. But they haven’t. They are allowing him to discredit himself in his own unique way. 

I think your wrong and for sure anything of a personal nature nobody would want out there.  Hypothetically of course ! .

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

I presume this is just them publishing online part of the coverage they had in the paper last week when the Decision came out.  But there were so many astounding revelations in that document that it doesn't do any harm to emphasise them and put this up for posterity.

The problem I have with that link is that the article has what I would describe as a misleading (whether inadvertant or through simple laziness) title - "Ranson case will get second hearing".

When I read that my immediate thought was: "Oh!  Hang on - is the DHSC actually appealing the tribunal's decision?"

Of course they aren't.  (Or at least not yet).

On reading the article I realised they were simply repeating old news from last week that the tribunal would be carrying out a separate investigation into the conduct of the DHSC and Mrs Magson in respect of disclosure.  I think that describing that investigation as a second hearing in the Ranson case (ie the suggestion that the case might be heard again) is inaccurate and misleading.

Edited by Ghost Ship
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Wavey Davey said:

I though everyone knew about that? It’s hardly not out there. 

It depends what 'that' is. Theres possibly , just might be , more than one or two 'thats'  just might not be out there ! . 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Numbnuts said:

It depends what 'that' is. Theres possibly , just might be , more than one or two 'thats'  just might not be out there ! . 

If I knew one of those 'thats' (hypothetically of course) could I become minister one day?