IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

37 minutes ago, cissolt said:

Watching that video again is just as shocking.  My money is on that letter being written by Magson

But Magson wasn't on the Island to put it through Ashford's door and technically she wasn't DHSC staff (though no one, least of all HR, seems know exactly what her status was).  I suspect it was someone down a level or so.

Of course being a handwritten letter, promptly shredded, there was no way it could be subject to any FoI requests or traced back to its originator.

• Thanks 2

Does Ashford have a camera on his front door??? Or did he take a hammer to it before going to the shredder???

Is there any way that this letter or rather its contents and voracity could have wider implications in view of the Tribunal comments about Ashfords behaviour?

If the letter was not a true reflection of Glover, was Ashord incompetent in believing it? Did his use of the letter amount to misleading Tynwald by presenting it publicly as true especially if he didn't really believe it himself? Could it have been libelous of Glover?

• Thanks 2

On 5/22/2022 at 12:07 PM, Gladys said:

The Steam Packet shenanigans was just one of many.  Dr E was aghast that they were not isolating as was thought, but did she enquire and in practice what else could they do?  

Former Steam Packet Chief Executive Mark Woodward appeared to be 'aghast' too. Back in March/April 2021 he said that "it beggars belief gov't officials didn't know that off duty Manx crew were not self isolating". He also said that Dr E "had been incorrect when she told a press briefing on February 18 that a statement that staff were not isolating wasn’t in line with the terms of this policy document *". Who was more likely to be ' being truthful' - him or her?

* ’Isle of Man Resident Commercial Sea and Flight Crew - Returning Resident Entry Conditions for Non-Rota off Island Absences for Key Workers’ .

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/spc-boss-blasts-ignorance-of-crew-isolation/

https://www.iomtoday.co.im/news/politics/steam-packet-we-told-the-truth-240753

Edited by code99
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

They may be divided , but against the patient and will always protect themselves , and quite rightly I suppose , but when you do make a mistake just put your hand up.  I guess most docs ( about 100%) are sound but let down by a shit system. I could be wrong though.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Significant of course that they didn't announce they wouldn't be appealing till the last possible date so as to drag matters out for as long as possible.

Is it possible that the delay was to come to some kind of negotiated settlement, do you think? 

I would like to think so, (ie that the respondents accepted the decision and hoped to clear things without further formal processes and costs for both sides)  but if it was just to drag out matters, it is reprehensible. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Gladys said:

Is it possible that the delay was to come to some kind of negotiated settlement, do you think? 

I would like to think so, (ie that the respondents accepted the decision and hoped to clear things without further formal processes and costs for both sides)  but if it was just to drag out matters, it is reprehensible. 

Unfortunately whilst some of the people at the top have gone, there are still plenty working within the system, with horrible intentions and the type which typifies the outdated culture pervasive within the Manx Civil Service. It’s going to take years to change the system.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

No, any negotiation with Ranson and her legal team would be completely separate from the disclosure hearings and its outcome wouldn't have any effect on any settlement.  At most all it would do would be to confirm that various employees etc of the Manx government had behaved even worse that we already know.  And that's probably gone way past the maximum effect it would have on any settlement based on what is already accepted in the Decision.

In fact the opposite would be true, because any negotiations would presumably be placed on hold until the decision not to make an appeal was formally announced or the time ran out.  At 'best' this is just the various. currently headless[1], bits of government doing things by their regular method of dragging everything out to the maximum - look at the Tindell case or indeed the way complaints against the NHS have been done.  At worst they're trying to find more time to shred the documents and wipe the computers.

[1]  No DHSC CEO, no head of HR, no AG.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1