IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

From MR site today re altered documents re a house valuation...........

............Deemster Parkes said although it had undoubtedly been a stressful time ........

He said an immediate custodial sentence was "unavoidable" as the courts relied on "honest evidence".................

Will this principle apply in the disclosure tribunal???

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I see Manx Care are costing the taxpayer a fortune reading the news today: 

Taxpayers will have to pick up a £170,000 bill after Manx Care was given a huge penalty by the Information Commissioner's Office.

The organisation was issued with an enforcement notice in February after an insecure email led to a data breach.

Manx Care was given four months to apply data protection rules and introduce security to protect special data, as well as bring in measures to prevent further data breaches.

However, after it missed the deadline, it's been handed the financial penalty.

You can read the enforcement notice here.

A few months ago I got an email with 40 or 60 other names of recipients! Of the few in the name line I recognised one, I didn't trawl through the others. I deleted it, job done, risk averted. The chances of one of the names being a scammer would be very low  here on the Island, was it such a huge breach?

14 minutes ago, Zulu said:

I see Manx Care are costing the taxpayer a fortune reading the news today: 

Taxpayers will have to pick up a £170,000 bill after Manx Care was given a huge penalty by the Information Commissioner's Office.

The organisation was issued with an enforcement notice in February after an insecure email led to a data breach.

Manx Care was given four months to apply data protection rules and introduce security to protect special data, as well as bring in measures to prevent further data breaches.

However, after it missed the deadline, it's been handed the financial penalty.

You can read the enforcement notice here.

Is it a real "cost" though, or does it just end up as book-keeping entries?  Where does the fine go to?

• 1 month later...
19 hours ago, Gizo said:

According to local snout Moulton, DhSC going to high court to stop the already damaging Ranson disclosure case. 
no doubt it’ll be true with this shithouse of a government 

There will be a few people hanging on for grim death that the information gets suppressed as otherwise they’re screwed. But what seems to have happened here is a win for the unions. Ranson got and deployed top flight legal counsel with union backing who have pissed all over IOM Government every step of the way. As such I don’t think that IOM Government control any of this process anymore in order to suppress anything. It’s all going to come out shortly. Maybe we should see if anymore ‘retirements’ or ‘resignations’ happen next week when it becomes clear that the public is going to find out more? 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, BriT said:

There will be a few people hanging on for grim death that the information gets suppressed as otherwise they’re screwed. But what seems to have happened here is a win for the unions. Ranson got and deployed top flight legal counsel with union backing who have pissed all over IOM Government every step of the way. As such I don’t think that IOM Government control any of this process anymore in order to suppress anything. It’s all going to come out shortly. Maybe we should see if anymore ‘retirements’ or ‘resignations’ happen next week when it becomes clear that the public is going to find out more? 

It matters not whether it's an individual or an organisation. You can only blag, bullshit, wing, bully or scam your way through life in this world for so long before somebody calls the bluff.

With it being a relatively large and powerful organisation (IoMG) it's perhaps taken a bit longer but it's still happened, they came up against somebody cleverer and better equipped, playing by the rules and the game is up.

The CS couldn't make the game up to suit themselves as they went along on this one, Round 1 went to Dr Ranson and her team and now our public servants are attempting to block Round 2 in an attempt to save their own scalps (at everybody's expense).

One would sincerely hope that our legal system can remain impartial and see this blatant game for what it is. Hopefully including the allegedly falsified documents.

Edited by Non-Believer
Typo
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

One would sincerely hope that our legal system can remain impartial and see this blatant game for what it is. Hopefully including the allegedly falsified documents.

It’s fairly clear that’s going to happen. Her defence lawyer and his team have has run rings around them so it’s going to have to be by the book. I would guess what they’re now trying to cover up is the fact that they fabricated documents that were put before the court. As that has really serious implications. 

Edited by BriT
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, BriT said:

It’s fairly clear that’s going to happen. Her defence lawyer and his team have has run rings around them so it’s going to have to be by the book. I would guess what they’re now trying to cover up is the fact that they fabricated documents that were put before the court. As that has really serious implications. 

yes,  jail for the wanker wanting to do his ex out of a few quid with a false house valuation . 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, WTF said:

yes,  jail for the wanker wanting to do his ex out of a few quid with a false house valuation . 

Jail and 30 year career down the toilet. He’ll be lucky to get a job at B&Q in future. I wonder if that case might set any precedent here? 

1 hour ago, BriT said:

Some at the time were wondering that the apparent inconsistencies in the documents might be explained as carelessness or misunderstanding or some technical failing, but this fight to prevent any examination suggests that there are really serious problems here.  It's also about who faked or concealed evidence and that may involve not just DHSC, but other Departments and the AG's Office as well.  I've the latter can be shown to linked to such behaviour that undermines the whole system of justice and could lead to all sorts of repercussions.

It's interesting that as well as the Disclosure Hearing at the end of the month (30 Aug - 1 Sep) there's also a 'Remedy Hearing' next year (17- 19 Jan 23) which suggests that the DHSC is unable (or refusing) to come to a resolution with Ranson.

• Like 3