IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

On 8/29/2022 at 2:07 PM, NoTailT said:

Ashford is too busy on a kids holiday at Disney Land with his girlfriend (they have no kids) to give a rats arse about what's going on in the real world.

FbPse9VWAAE7PpK?format=jpg&name=large

I have absolutely no problem with our politicians having a life, and I think it’s pretty low to harvest his or his family’s pictures to post here and use against them somehow. 

Having said that, if he’d bothered to ask for advice from his (former) senior staff, I could have told him that Eurodisney is shite😜

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

10 minutes ago, wrighty said:

I have absolutely no problem with our politicians having a life, and I think it’s pretty low to harvest his or his family’s pictures to post here and use against them somehow. 

Having said that, if he’d bothered to ask for advice from his (former) senior staff, I could have told him that Eurodisney is shite😜

He probably did ask for advice, he's just busy remembering where he hid the email.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Have to ask how they chose who to appoint when ditching the AGs office for this.

We don't know if they did 'ditch' the AG's Chambers or they ditched the DHSC, though.  There are a number of possible scenarios:

1.  The AGC decided that the whole thing was bound to fail and wiped their hands of it.
  2.  The AGC realised that they were an actor in whether documents were disclosed or not and so couldn't represent the DHSC legally as their interests might conflict.
  3.  As with starting the Expol investigation, the DHSC ditched the AGC at the last possible time, so they had a reason to claim for deferring the hearing.
  4.  The DHSC didn't get the legal advice they wanted and shopped around till someone told them what they wanted to hear.
  5.  The DHSC and AGS collaborated to delay things as much as possible and this looked like the best way to do that.

As for appointing Callin Wild they do have employment law experience (they represented DBC against that poor man who got stuck in Cyprus for example) though it's notable in this case they brought out the big guns (ie Callin and Wild) perhaps to try to signal to the Deemster that the Manx legal mafia were on their side.

4 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

We don't know if they did 'ditch' the AG's Chambers or they ditched the DHSC, though.  There are a number of possible scenarios:

1.  The AGC decided that the whole thing was bound to fail and wiped their hands of it.
  2.  The AGC realised that they were an actor in whether documents were disclosed or not and so couldn't represent the DHSC legally as their interests might conflict.
  3.  As with starting the Expol investigation, the DHSC ditched the AGC at the last possible time, so they had a reason to claim for deferring the hearing.
  4.  The DHSC didn't get the legal advice they wanted and shopped around till someone told them what they wanted to hear.
  5.  The DHSC and AGS collaborated to delay things as much as possible and this looked like the best way to do that.

As for appointing Callin Wild they do have employment law experience (they represented DBC against that poor man who got stuck in Cyprus for example) though it's notable in this case they brought out the big guns (ie Callin and Wild) perhaps to try to signal to the Deemster that the Manx legal mafia were on their side.

I thought Govt departments had to follow the AG's advice?

These Chris and Paul videos have been excellent and forensic. It comes to something that through these videos, Chris Robertshaw and Paul Moulton have been asking the very questions (in a impartial way) that some of our backbench MHKs should be asking, and challenging. The likes of Manx Labour Party should at the fore, unfortunately they maintain silence and remain missing in action. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, buncha wankas said:

Hooper needs to resign, he has sat in his comfy chair for nearly a year and allowed this shit show to go live and has not been open and transparent. He has failed the department and needs to put his coat on and leave immediately. 

And Liberal Vannin Support him, that's not a party that I will vote for again

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Gladys said:

I thought Govt departments had to follow the AG's advice?

Well that leads back to the question of whether the AGC is opposed to or conniving in the DHSC strategy of trying repeatedly to delay stuff.  Certainly they seem to have accepted the Disclosure Hearing taking place, until the DHSC changed their mind at the last minute, but that would also be the best strategy for the maximum delay.

But Departments don't have to accept the AG's advice, because it is the Departments who are the legal entities and they can litigate and seek their own representation as they like.

1 hour ago, Shake me up Judy said:

🤣 You wouldn't want him defending you in court would you...

Trying to adjourn based on the fact Ashford and Megson dont work for the Department . Haha moron . Clutching at straws surely. They have no defendable case  . Only losers here are tax payers . 

Edited by Numbnuts
  • Like 3

20 minutes ago, buncha wankas said:

Hooper needs to resign, he has sat in his comfy chair for nearly a year and allowed this shit show to go live and has not been open and transparent. He has failed the department and needs to put his coat on and leave immediately. 

Actually the Department is the one thing he hasn't failed.  He's failing the public and he's even acting against his own interest (he may not realise this) but he's backing whatever the DHSC does, rather than questioning it or at least stepping back. 

And even if he's acting under advice/pressure from the AG or CoMin or Cannan or the Cabinet Office or whoever he ought to make this clear ("I have been advised...") rather than making it look like it's all his idea.  Because such loyalty won't be returned when the light comes on and they all scurry off to hide in dark corners (To use Robertshaw's metaphor - it does make you wonder about cockroach infestations at the Sefton).

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Andrew Foster actually gave evidence at the Dr. Ranson tribunal hearings and he, Cope and Magson gave what I thought seemed to be different versions about the pre Manx Care appointment meetings in the UK and who had , or had not, taken notes.

One of the questions not being asked is how we have got to this point. Several people I suspect knew what had been going on for several years and had probably been informed about it all along the way.  This did not happen overnight. 

I agree with those that say the health and social services were in need of necessary reform and had been for some time. The case against Dr Ranson is of course needs concluding but there are people I know who feel equally badly treated by the DHSC and now by Manx Care when it comes to fairness. What will happen to those patients and staff who are also unfairly treated and cannot afford lawyers etc. 

This watershed moment perhaps should be an opportunity for Manx Care to consolidate their aims and objectives and clearly set out what patients, client and staff can expect from the lessons learned by these events.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4