IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

7 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Manx Care is no better.

I had heard that the former head of governance for the Manx Care board was paid to leave not long ago because they didn't want to adhere to good governance. Best to pay him off and make the concept of good governance disappear. Theresa Cope and other members of leadership refusing to participate in courses - specifically around HR issues - because then it gave them plausible credibility to say they hadn't been trained effectively to deal with certain problems internally.

Our entire healthcare system is broken. Right at the very top, from Ministers (current and former) to senior leadership (current and former). This is a Government-wide problem, but this is our health we're talking about. Bad decisions made and good people lost because we are too pansy to address the root problems head-on.

So what can 'we' do about it? Who's too pansy? 

10 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Manx Care is no better.

I had heard that the former head of governance for the Manx Care board was paid to leave not long ago because they didn't want to adhere to good governance. That , surely, is a whistleblowing event that a governance professional would have recognised? Best to pay him off and make the concept of good governance disappear. Theresa Cope and other members of leadership refusing to participate in courses - specifically around HR issues - because then it gave them plausible credibility to say they hadn't been trained effectively to deal with certain problems internally. OHR should surely insist on attendance?

Our entire healthcare system is broken. Right at the very top, from Ministers (current and former) to senior leadership (current and former). This is a Government-wide problem, but this is our health we're talking about. Bad decisions made and good people lost because we are too pansy to address the root problems head-on.

A couple of comments that probably support your disquiet.

Edited by Gladys
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

A couple of comments that probably support your disquiet.

Have edited my original to avoid any confusion, the board didn't want to adhere to good governance. The resulting outcome was a payoff, make the sound advice go away.

I don't know how it was allowed to happen, but it did and the said governance individual has now left the Island despite working here for many years.

Manx Care was meant to be our saving grace, but it is no better than what we had already.

A close family member was in A&E 2 weeks ago. The consultant on shift at night was in a bit of a tizz. He said there were two senior consultants on shift but they were remote / WFH and demanded regular telephone updates on patients and it was slowing the entire process down of him seeing to patients. Maybe @wrighty can clarify what this nonsense is about.

I said in my last post and this is what worries me most: this is our health.

The treatment of Dr Ranson and other individuals - like this gent I'm referring to - are damaging the quality of healthcare we receive.

• Thanks 3

On 8/30/2022 at 7:29 PM, 2112 said:

These Chris and Paul videos have been excellent and forensic. It comes to something that through these videos, Chris Robertshaw and Paul Moulton have been asking the very questions (in a impartial way) that some of our backbench MHKs should be asking, and challenging. 

B690A4E2-8902-4C01-9977-BFE2C7B9A9A7.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

A close family member was in A&E 2 weeks ago. The consultant on shift at night was in a bit of a tizz. He said there were two senior consultants on shift but they were remote / WFH and demanded regular telephone updates on patients and it was slowing the entire process down of him seeing to patients. Maybe @wrighty can clarify what this nonsense is about.

I can’t I’m afraid. Consultants don’t usually work shifts, let alone at night. They’re usually ‘on call’ such that they’re available to attend if needed, usually at the request of the doctor on the ground. I’m often on call from home, and certainly don’t demand regular telephone updates to slow things down. Without knowing the specifics of who/what/when, and I have no business knowing such things, I can’t offer any clarity. 

9 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

Have edited my original to avoid any confusion, the board didn't want to adhere to good governance. The resulting outcome was a payoff, make the sound advice go away.

@wrighty 

But that is my point, if a governance professional was paid off, was that not a whistleblowing event?  If even a governance professional feels they have no where to go, then we are properly sunk. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, wrighty said:

I can’t I’m afraid. Consultants don’t usually work shifts, let alone at night. They’re usually ‘on call’ such that they’re available to attend if needed, usually at the request of the doctor on the ground. I’m often on call from home, and certainly don’t demand regular telephone updates to slow things down. Without knowing the specifics of who/what/when, and I have no business knowing such things, I can’t offer any clarity. 

I thought it weird it would be a consultant, titles may be confused by the family member but the grudge of the 'doctor' and their work being slowed up by someone sat on their backside at home was very real.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gladys said:

But that is my point, if a governance professional was paid off, was that not a whistleblowing event?  If even a governance professional feels they have no where to go, then we are properly sunk. 

The whole system needs a shakeup. This crap is actively going on in our health system.

The Ransom case is one thing because its very public and very much relates to a period of which the public are more 'emotive' when it comes to health.

But nothing is changing and nobody has the bollocks to look at all this within COMIN and say 'C'mon lads, we should be doing better than this.'

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, NoTailT said:

The whole system needs a shakeup. This crap is actively going on in our health system.

Just our health system? No - our whole governance. That's why they're trying so hard to keep the lid on the can of worms and failing so far. At our expense I might add.

• Thanks 4

Cannan has promised a review, can we expect him to go in with a big stick like we would want him too?

Oct, I believe is his promise of a change or at least his review leading to a change. Does the current shenanigans make it harder or easier for Cannan to address the underlying mistrust of the CS or drag it out beyond his original solution date???

15 hours ago, doc.fixit said:

Is there actually a shortage or are they just searching for the cheapest?

Some of my repeat medications seem to change manufacturer each prescription and some of the products seem to be much more cheaply packaged, (a good thing), or the inhalers don't have counters on, (a bad thing).

Brexit apparently 

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

I believe its a shortage and they are shopping round to try and  fulfill prescriptions . Thats what they indicated to me anyhow. . 

Back to the subject of Pharmacy problems. Lloyds, Onchan Precinct are implementing a new IT system and seem to be really struggling with backlogs of scripts etc. They also seem to be encountering shortages of various medications. I would surmise that they are issuing medications which reduces their stock levels and that these stocks are not being replenished as normal because they are not updating the dispensing system.  Something is not working…… 

How to solve the cockroach problem?

Rick & Morty Season 2 Episode 9 springs to mind as a temporary fix.

When the cockroaches scurry away into the dark after their misdeeds/incompetence, there need to be real consequences to the cockroaches. No gold pension for incompetence. Perhaps jail for some.

Any new intake of cockroaches should need to pass a competence test before they can do any damage. New work contracts needed, civil servants and mhk.

This has gone on for decades and will not fix itself from within. A cockroach eradication system is needed for when they do their damage, early on preferably.

How to do it?

• Like 2