IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

14 hours ago, Gladys said:

I was just gobsmacked that such an important appointment was viewed as being perfectly able to be performed remotely, particularly at that time. 

How would she get a feel for the place, people and importantly the people she was leading, how would the 'water cooler' chats happen and how could she be an effective leader when most of her next in command would have to book a Teams call with her?

TBH, that has been the root cause of this costly fiasco, in my opinion.  Once wedded to an ill advised appointment, very hard to undo it. 

This was exactly what a lot of us on here were saying when we found out that the position was non-resident. Ashford's gob has backed him into a corner from which he's going to find hard to get out of.

Project Manager, my arse!

The real and original Walter Mitty.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, manxfisherman said:

Current minister also supports the idea of an off island ceo despite clear evidence of its flaws. There was a long twitter thread on it a few months back where hooper said its no problem and 50 people told him it was a problem but he is so up himself he couldn't understand why.

To be fair 50 people telling him anything on twitter is hardly a sound basis for decision making. 

27 minutes ago, WTF said:
1 hour ago, manxfisherman said:

Current minister also supports the idea of an off island ceo so there is someone to blame that isn't the minister.

fixed

The “fixed” version above sums up IOMG support for Manx Care when they all voted for it as a done deal (without fully understanding all the implications, financial and managerial) - in a nutshell: if anything goes wrong, MC are the sharp end operators and the minister can say “not me, guv”; if anything goes right, DHSC can claim the win.

Too cynical?

Edited by Jarndyce
Addition for clarity

2 hours ago, Manx Resident said:

Back to the subject of Pharmacy problems. Lloyds, Onchan Precinct are implementing a new IT system and seem to be really struggling with backlogs of scripts etc. They also seem to be encountering shortages of various medications. I would surmise that they are issuing medications which reduces their stock levels and that these stocks are not being replenished as normal because they are not updating the dispensing system.  Something is not working…… 

I hate to give away my secrets, but switch your repeat prescriptions to karsons.  No such issues there.

• Like 2

Wherever possible I seek to archive messages but it is not a fool proof process and that message is one of a number from around that time that are not appearing in the archive and so would not show up in any search for the disclosure as it was not in my possession or on my system at the time disclosure was requested, so it wouldn’t have mattered what search criteria was used it would not have displayed.

image.jpeg.ed54c798e4a1e20150b07c0d68e73918.jpeg

It appears to me that the disclosure process has been badly managed by the AG's team. Each person required to disclose documents should each have provided all of their documents to the AG's who should then have collated them. One person relying on another to disclose all correspondence between them just does not work and leads to omissions. It now appears that Magson may have effectively censored the disclosures - if this is the case hopefully the facts will be reported to the police who can lay appropriate charges and bring her back for a spot of long overdue justice. 

Identifying e-mails for potential disclosure can be a minefield but the Government IT guys should have been able to resurrect Ashies inbox and sent items in their entirety so that he could go through the list and identify what should or should not be disclosed.    

As for the number of e-mails sent / received the numbers, if true, are simply staggering. 28,000 e-mails received is 76 each and every day of the year. If each one takes 5 minutes to read that is over 6 hours of reading every day of the year.  13,000 e-mails sent is 35 each and every day. If each one takes 10 minutes to compose that is another nearly 6 hours per day. So in total he is possibly spending 13 hours each and every day reading or composing e-mails. No wonder Government is in a mess - there is no time for them to govern - blame it all on e-mails!!        

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

22 minutes ago, Mistercee said:

It appears to me that the disclosure process has been badly managed by the AG's team. Each person required to disclose documents should each have provided all of their documents to the AG's who should then have collated them. One person relying on another to disclose all correspondence between them just does not work and leads to omissions. It now appears that Magson may have effectively censored the disclosures - if this is the case hopefully the facts will be reported to the police who can lay appropriate charges and bring her back for a spot of long overdue justice. 

Identifying e-mails for potential disclosure can be a minefield but the Government IT guys should have been able to resurrect Ashies inbox and sent items in their entirety so that he could go through the list and identify what should or should not be disclosed.    

As for the number of e-mails sent / received the numbers, if true, are simply staggering. 28,000 e-mails received is 76 each and every day of the year. If each one takes 5 minutes to read that is over 6 hours of reading every day of the year.  13,000 e-mails sent is 35 each and every day. If each one takes 10 minutes to compose that is another nearly 6 hours per day. So in total he is possibly spending 13 hours each and every day reading or composing e-mails. No wonder Government is in a mess - there is no time for them to govern - blame it all on e-mails!!        

a vast proportion of the 28000 emails will some useless wank stains in government sending them to 5000 other people they were never meant for.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mistercee said:

Multiply that by the number of MHKs/ministers. It is impossible for someone to work effectively with such a data load without more than one assistant to filter the junk. There is also the problem of e.g the UK Health Minister sends an email saying "with ref. to the details in my email of 2 months ago" and the Minister has to get the computer department to unlock the bars to the archive and search through the repository to find the relevant bits. There is just too much data here to be practical or useful.

Not only that, besides the overwhelming email data, people like Ashford can somehow spend a significant amount of time twittering on Twitter or Facebook - and he still has time to go on holiday to Disneyland - which he thinks is worth publishing the event on Facebook. So I've heard. I wouldn't know. I'm banned by Facebook.