IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

19 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

So you can do anything you like and stay in the UK and you’re never going to be accountable for anything. 

From earlier this year:

"Documents submitted by the Department of Health and Social Care in an employment tribunal could be referred to the police after it was alleged they were forged."

If there is a criminal case, then presumably it would not be necessary to have to resort to extraordinary rendition to get her back here.

2 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

If there is a criminal case, then presumably it would not be necessary to have to resort to extraordinary rendition to get her back here.

I’d think a criminal case would be different. The powers of the Tribunal are limited but the Courts can demand that people appear I think. You’re not, not going to turn up at your own fraud trial either I’d suggest. 

25 minutes ago, offshoremanxman said:

I think he just gets excited in “a little bit of wee just came out” way. 

He has been the only journalist on the island to ask real and searching questions, despite being humiliated by Ewart and scolded by Quayle and Ashford.  I forgive him for a little bit of wee

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Gladys said:

He has been the only journalist on the island to ask real and searching questions, despite being humiliated by Ewart and scolded by Quayle and Ashford.  I forgive him for a little bit of wee

I see in the Courier IOM Newspapers have been advertising for a ‘Senior Journalist’ for at least the last 6 weeks now. They clearly haven’t found someone unqualified enough to be let loose with government press releases yet. 

• Haha 3

If Tynwald members can't or won't do the right thing in this matter and demand answers, as Mr Robertshaw suggests, shame on them. Beyond that shame lies a serious question about the nature and efficacy of government on the Isle of Man that should raise fundamental questions about the Island's system of government and the ability it has to govern itself. As Chris Robertshaw says, this is on one hand about justice for Dr Ranson, but it is what lies beneath that really causes concern. Something, perhaps, that HM Government needs consider.

Edited by joebean
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, joebean said:

If Tynwald members can't or won't do the right thing in this matter and demand answers, as Mr Robertshaw suggests, shame on them. Beyond that shame lies a serious question about the nature and efficacy of government on the Isle of Man that should raise fundamental questions about the Island's system of government and the ability it has to govern itself. As Chris Robertshaw says, this is on one hand, about justice for Dr Ranson, but it is what lies beneath that really causes concern. Something, perhaps, that HM Government needs consider.

As he also says. There are 75 people in the AGs office and a very high proportion of them are qualified lawyers. This is the highest profile cases government has defended in years. So why have they been so throughly shit in the way they have compiled everything and defended their client? 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, offshoremanxman said:

Interesting. Worth watching  all the way through for Robertshaws suggestion that Magson was the filter used to remove incriminating documents now being uncovered and who is now completely outside the jurisdiction of the Tribunal as she’s UK resident. So you can do anything you like and stay in the UK and you’re never going to be accountable for anything. 

Ms M was only ever a sort of hologram.
Not physically here; not accountable; appointed only on a 3 day secondment,  from wherever she was currently working,  to administer the Island’s Health Care  as a sort of NHS  “colony” for a while.

Unfortunately, a once in a hundred year’s  pandemic appeared..

The rest we know.

None of the Tribunal’s  shocking revelations seem likely to affect  her career, or even her “ Linked In” profile, though one suspects any  referenence to her time on (or rather  not on) the IOM may be brief.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, hampsterkahn said:

Ms M was only ever a sort of hologram.
Not physically here; not accountable; appointed only on a 3 day secondment,  from wherever she was currently working,  to administer the Island’s Health Care  as a sort of NHS  “colony” for a while.

Unfortunately, a once in a hundred year’s  pandemic appeared..

The rest we know.

None of the Tribunal’s  shocking revelations seem likely to affect  her career, or even her “ Linked In” profile, though one suspects any  referenence to her time on (or rather  not on) the IOM may be brief.

Hologram is a very good descriptor. 👏 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Newsdesk said:

As he also says. There are 75 people in the AGs office and a very high proportion of them are qualified lawyers. This is the highest profile cases government has defended in years. So why have they been so throughly shit in the way they have compiled everything and defended their client? 

Perhaps, when you are defending the indefensible, the only course of action is to delay, frustrate, obfuscate and obstruct the case against you. It may, therefore not be about being incompetent but following a strategy. If that is the case, who decided on the strategy and why?

An alternative strategy would be just to admit that things went wrong, things happened that shouldn’t and to be honest and transparent. There is a tendency in Government, particularly weak Government, to always insist they are right and never admit mistakes. This is where bad and self-serving government starts and the interests of the people they are meant to serve becomes secondary. 
One of the aspects of Manx politics that frustrates me is the triviality of issues on which our politicians focus; their lack of engagement in any reform to make national politics more relevant and engaging for voters and the apathy this generates in the electorate. It is this apathy that allows our government to get away with bad policy, bad practice and dodgy practice. The public and our MHKs should be asking fundamental questions about the underlying issues of honesty in the Ranson affair but most are content to just let it pass. We get what we deserve. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, joebean said:

Perhaps, when you are defending the indefensible, the only course of action is to delay, frustrate, obfuscate and obstruct the case against you. It may, therefore not be about being incompetent but following a strategy. If that is the case, who decided on the strategy and why?

An alternative strategy would be just to admit that things went wrong, things happened that shouldn’t and to be honest and transparent. There is a tendency in Government, particularly weak Government, to always insist they are right and never admit mistakes. This is where bad and self-serving government starts and the interests of the people they are meant to serve becomes secondary. 
One of the aspects of Manx politics that frustrates me is the triviality of issues on which our politicians focus; their lack of engagement in any reform to make national politics more relevant and engaging for voters and the apathy this generates in the electorate. It is this apathy that allows our government to get away with bad policy, bad practice and dodgy practice. The public and our MHKs should be asking fundamental questions about the underlying issues of honesty in the Ranson affair but most are content to just let it pass. We get what we deserve. 

I was wondering when Ramsey's MHK's (They really don't appear to act for Ramsey,mind, they've both gone on to bigger things) are next going to hold a political surgery? Last one I can find for the representatives of the great city on the Northern plains is April.

I also wonder what the point is of bringing anything like this scandal up with MHK's who answer to comin, and not the people?

1 hour ago, Gladys said:

Hologram is a very good descriptor. 👏 

https://www.tynwald.org.im//business/hansard/20002020/t191015.pdf#search="New DHSC CEO "

The real issue is how did David Ashford Sell this Hologram to Tynwald, and who sold this to Mr Ashford.  as the last answer really sums it up.

The Minister: Thank you, Mr President.
No, I am not. I am actually saying the interim Chief Executive will be commuting, she will
spend a minimum of three days on Island, but she will be working for us full-time.
One of the things I have got to say, Mr President, is we are living in 2019, not 1919. People do work and can work remotely. Playing devil's advocate, and throwing a grenade out there now, I think actually that flexible working is something we should do more of across the whole of Government. (A Member: Hear, hear.)
Actually she will still be working full-time. I think that if you have to have a chief executive physically here, physically present, sat in an office five days a week, then there is something
fundamentally wrong if they have to micromanage to that extent the Department and there is something wrong with the rest of our senior management team.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

58 minutes ago, Hoops said:

I was wondering when Ramsey's MHK's (They really don't appear to act for Ramsey,mind, they've both gone on to bigger things) are next going to hold a political surgery? Last one I can find for the representatives of the great city on the Northern plains is April.

I also wonder what the point is of bringing anything like this scandal up with MHK's who answer to comin, and not the people?

I think these two clowns probably think they have more important things to be concerned with, than their constituents. However there are only a few MHKs that do political surgeries, or want to get involved in local parish pump matters. Some won’t pick up their phones or deal with emails at weekends.