IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

47 minutes ago, GD4ELI said:

When deciding where to move to in 2014 I seriously considered the island, but Nobles and rural internet were two showstoppers. Quite a few ex-Nobles staff in Cornwall, some as Manx as the hills who would never go back.

The rot firmly took hold when Tony Brown was CM, do you remember a tv program where he said there's not much for the CM to do as the Island runs itself (paraphrasing here)?

Restoring Nobles is almost impossible.

I disagree. Noble's has very good infrastructure and some very skilled, committed and caring staff. It can be turned around with appropriate leadership and managers in place. I've even put together a fantasy leadership team that will work. It'll take a maximum to three years.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I've only just listened to the end of the Manx Radio podcast, and Hooper complains that they had to come up to be interviewed "off the hoof" and had to "move their timeline" to respond.  Clearly they intended to bury this report until it was leaked to the newspapers and pretend the next one was the real one. 

Given that that inspection will be taking place quite shortly, I am puzzled about their confidence that things will have improved a lot by then, only about four months after the first one.  If it's the usual civil service way of coping, they're presumably hoping they can bully the staff into silence.

I was thinking the same. This report may never have been released had it not been leaked. This report mentions the previous RCEM report. When was it done? Where is it? Will someone kindly release it please?

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Dr. Grumpy said:

I disagree. Noble's has very good infrastructure and some very skilled, committed and caring staff. It can be turned around with appropriate leadership and managers in place. I've even put together a fantasy leadership team that will work. It'll take a maximum to three years.

Yes you are right but unfortunately the actions of a few have tainted the good work of the many. Let’s hope that the next area of Nobles Hospital to be inspected doesn’t look as bad as A&E?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Almost certainly. The whole thing was planned. I wouldn't even be surprised if Hooper as pushed into doing what he did and perhaps that's why he was so awkward during that interview. Maybe he really didn't want to do it but was pushed? (I may, of course, be giving him the benefit of the doubt here).

The interesting thing will be if an MHK presses the Minister to give an assurance in Tynwald  that all future CQC reports into Noble's will be published. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

Almost certainly. The whole thing was planned. I wouldn't even be surprised if Hooper as pushed into doing what he did and perhaps that's why he was so awkward during that interview. Maybe he really didn't want to do it but was pushed? (I may, of course, be giving him the benefit of the doubt here).

I would say you are right on this subject. I doubt Hooperman will be a Minister for much longer - especially if other areas of the Healthcare system is found wanting. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Gladys said:

The interesting thing will be if an MHK presses the Minister to give an assurance in Tynwald  that all future CQC reports into Noble's will be published. 

Probably Moorehouse, can’t see Maltby, Faragher or any other others saying anything. They have kept quiet on gas, electric and the cost of living. Whilst Clare Barber, Jane Poole Wilson and Ann Corlett are more interested in Isle of Pride and playing committees. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Probably Moorehouse, can’t see Maltby, Faragher or any other others saying anything. They have kept quiet on gas, electric and the cost of living. Whilst Clare Barber, Jane Poole Wilson and Ann Corlett are more interested in Isle of Pride and playing committees. 

What is an invertebrate simple definition?

: an animal having no backbone or internal skeleton. invertebrate. adjective. Medical Definition of invertebrate  : lacking a spinal column, sounds like all manx politicians
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

In some defence of Hooper, it could be that he is in some cognisance of the problems, is trying to address such but the public announcements are alerting his opposition to reform to allow them to bolster their defense??? To effect their rebuttal before Hooper can unveil his 'Master Plan' or more particularly, his quiet, behind the scenes, plan to address the historic problems.

He now needs to come upfront and say how he will address these problems???

• Haha 2

@Beyond Beliefyou will find next week, the likes of Maltby, Faragher, Poole Wilson, Corlett and Barber all adopting faux holier than thou and concerned faces, whilst trying to outdo each other in the extraordinary Tynpotwald sitting. I’m not expecting miracles , but our elected representatives haven’t really shown understanding, compassion or the seriousness and gravity of the cost of living, price rises and businesses closing. Not everyone can work in egaming or have the skills to work in an office or in IT! Incidentally one business closed was the Close Leece which closed its Restaurant and Farm - I know a couple of people who worked their and now face having to get other jobs - one of them is of an older age and highly skilled either. I wonder whether Minister Barber has any comments, or she more interested in other matters?

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Faragher certainly hasn't kept quiet on any of those points and Maltby has been pretty vocal as well in fact she's busy knocking on doors of constituents.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kopek said:

In some defence of Hooper, it could be that he is in some cognisance of the problems, is trying to address such but the public announcements are alerting his opposition to reform to allow them to bolster their defense??? To effect their rebuttal before Hooper can unveil his 'Master Plan' or more particularly, his quiet, behind the scenes, plan to address the historic problems.

He now needs to come upfront and say how he will address these problems???

One of the then would be for Hooperman to resign. He is quite frankly useless, hasn’t got any morals or leadership qualities. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 2112 said:

@Beyond Beliefyou will find next week, the likes of Maltby, Faragher, Poole Wilson, Corlett and Barber all adopting faux holier than thou and concerned faces, whilst trying to outdo each other in the extraordinary Tynpotwald sitting. I’m not expecting miracles , but our elected representatives haven’t really shown understanding, compassion or the seriousness and gravity of the cost of living, price rises and businesses closing. Not everyone can work in egaming or have the skills to work in an office or in IT! Incidentally one business closed was the Close Leece which closed its Restaurant and Farm - I know a couple of people who worked their and now face having to get other jobs - one of them is of an older age and highly skilled either. I wonder whether Minister Barber has any comments, or she more interested in other matters?

Pretty sure that Tynwald sitting won't be taking place next week.

2 minutes ago, Ham_N_Eggs said:

Pretty sure that Tynwald sitting won't be taking place next week.

13 September to discuss cost of living. Incidentally whilst off a tangent, with the energy cap being £2500 for dual fuel, it’s estimated based on IOMG bullshit figures £2800, so there is a £300 difference that IOM residents paying more than their UK counterparts, in addition to other costs of living. 

Edited by 2112
  • Like 1