IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

According to 3fm, Minister Hooperman has admitted that he wasn’t surprised by the CQC findings of their pilot inspection findings of the A&E department of Nobles. Speaks volumes that 1 current and 1 former were aware of issues but chose to do nothing. We have a Chief Minister and a Council of Ministers who do nothing either when they would be aware of issues. Why can anyone get a grip, and if they are aware of issues ro something about it? If it tread on Nobles Management toes so be it. I dread to think of the issues found with inspections of other areas of Nobles/Who Cares?

21 minutes ago, 2112 said:

According to 3fm, Minister Hooperman has admitted that he wasn’t surprised by the CQC findings of their pilot inspection findings of the A&E department of Nobles. Speaks volumes that 1 current and 1 former were aware of issues but chose to do nothing. We have a Chief Minister and a Council of Ministers who do nothing either when they would be aware of issues. Why can anyone get a grip, and if they are aware of issues ro something about it? If it tread on Nobles Management toes so be it. I dread to think of the issues found with inspections of other areas of Nobles/Who Cares?

To be fair there’s probably similar issues at Uk hospitals & A&E is a nightmare there with 12 hours+ delays not uncommon, huge delays with ambulances etc

• Like 1

I agree with comments above. Its mind boggling that recent and current Ministers both say they knew about issues. I'm sorry but here lies the problem. Its gone on too long and little issues not addressed in years gone past now have become a massive problem. The Hospital for years as always needed a top up because of underfunding/ bad management but CM down have done nothing. My favourite person (not) Quayle was even health minister before his unjustified step up and he also did nothing.. Oh wait, he employed Charters !! . Sorry , the sooner they start managing efficently staff and get out of the lazy culture thats existed for years nothing will change.  This report is really, while not a surprise , a national disgrace and Hooper and particularly Cannan need to step up big time.  Currently hiding and using the Queens death as a convenient excuse. Will the further reports go ahead, or even if they do ,will they release the findings . 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Banker said:

To be fair there’s probably similar issues at Uk hospitals & A&E is a nightmare there with 12 hours+ delays not uncommon, huge delays with ambulances etc

To be fair, I am really interested in the UK having similar issues, The IOMG constantly dick waves telling anyone who will listen how good they are, their success stories, biosphere, eco bullshit and how good they were over covid. So I can presume the Health Service has been woefully underfunded?  

To have the current and previous Health Ministers admitting of being aware of failures within Nobles Hospital is shocking and really disappointing that the Chief Minister is prepared to do nothing with the Minister, if certainly to instill public confidence in the Health System. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/8/2022 at 8:56 PM, 2112 said:

Incidentally one business closed was the Close Leece which closed its Restaurant and Farm - I know a couple of people who worked their and now face having to get other jobs 

I've heard part of the Close Leece closing is due to the fact several people including farmers are taking them to Court. 

They allegedly sold goats whilst knowing they were infected with Johne's Disease, which is a bacteria borne disease of the intestine that ultimately causes them to starve to death.  Most of the sold goats are now dead and it infects your land, which has to then be kept fallow for a year to de-contaminate. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Phantom said:

I've heard part of the Close Leece closing is due to the fact several people including farmers are taking them to Court. 

They allegedly sold goats whilst knowing they were infected with Johne's Disease, which is a bacteria borne disease of the intestine that ultimately causes them to starve to death.  Most of the sold goats are now dead and it infects your land, which has to then be kept fallow for a year to de-contaminate. 

Would winding up the company make the owners immune from prosecution  ? 

Seems like a serious matter 😕 

Especially if their meat was also possibly contaminated ? 

Is your source reliable? 

Edited by mad_manx
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mad_manx said:

Would winding up the company make the owners immune from prosecution?

Ask Auldyn Construction......😜

Edited by Non-Believer
Typo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, mad_manx said:

Would winding up the company make the owners immune from prosecution  ? 

Seems like a serious matter 😕 

Especially if their meat was also possibly contaminated ? 

Is your source reliable? 

Depends if they can prove criminal intent.  But nonetheless if the company has gone and assets broken up, it makes life a whole lot harder to go after them. 

Yeah a friend of mine bought some goats from them.  Half dead after a few months, the other half wasting away and dying slowly.  Even when they kick the bucket, they won't be able to use the land for a year as need to let it de-contaminate.  'Luckily' he's just got a couple of fields round his house, small holding style, but you'd be screwed if you had a proper commercial farm.  

He got them tested and found out.  However now he's aware there have been more deaths from the same original flock, but once they're dead you can't test them. 

I don't believe it's dangerous to humans via the meat.  It's a gut bacteria problem that stops them digesting properly. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, The Phantom said:

Depends if they can prove criminal intent.  But nonetheless if the company has gone and assets broken up, it makes life a whole lot harder to go after them. 

Yeah a friend of mine bought some goats from them.  Half dead after a few months, the other half wasting away and dying slowly.  Even when they kick the bucket, they won't be able to use the land for a year as need to let it de-contaminate.  'Luckily' he's just got a couple of fields round his house, small holding style, but you'd be screwed if you had a proper commercial farm.  

He got them tested and found out.  However now he's aware there have been more deaths from the same original flock, but once they're dead you can't test them. 

I don't believe it's dangerous to humans via the meat.  It's a gut bacteria problem that stops them digesting properly. 

The question is whether they were sold with the knowledge that they were infected. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, 2112 said:

So I can presume the Health Service has been woefully underfunded?

Yes, you can.   Underfunded to the tune of about £8M from 2003.   Hospital management presented the numbers to demonstrate it - CoMin/Treasury/Health Minister told them to feck off and get on with it.   Nobles spend has been "overbudget" by at least that figure every year since - coincidence?

• Like 2

I was gobsmacked this morning to hear of an interaction a family member had with a medical professional here. They basically advised FFS do not go to Nobles, its dangerous and incompetent and largely unregulated or assessed !

If people within the profession are reporting this, just how bad is it ?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, asitis said:

I was gobsmacked this morning to hear of an interaction a family member had with a medical professional here. They basically advised FFS do not go to Nobles, its dangerous and incompetent and largely unregulated or assessed !

If people within the profession are reporting this, just how bad is it ?

All I can say is use your own judgement. Everyone must have heard horror stories of medical fuck ups, sheer incompetence and general mistakes. I certainly have and the NPM has broadcast tales on news reports. There are some very good medical staff working within Manx Care. Thus Island  can not attract good quality doctors or consultants. I myself have been on the receiving end of long wait to see a consultant, passed from pillar to post for diagnosis as nobody capable and poor treatment.