IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

What is forgotten in the annointmwnt of Rob Callister to play at the big table, is the appointment of David Ashford as Chair of Planning. Alfs Yes Man - I wonder what documents will be shredded? Claire Christian no longer sits on a government department and I think is a back bencher. 

1 minute ago, Holte End said:

Please don't tell him that, you may hurt his ego. When he was told, he couldn't get invovled in day to day operations of the hospital, he had allegdly already brought a scalpel set and surgeon gowns,

The only thing he can cut up is cheese on toast and toasted bread into Kings Soldiers so he can eat with his runny egg.

2 minutes ago, 2112 said:

What is forgotten in the annointmwnt of Rob Callister to play at the big table, is the appointment of David Ashford as Chair of Planning. Alfs Yes Man - I wonder what documents will be shredded? Claire Christian no longer sits on a government department and I think is a back bencher. 

Anyone know whyChristian is stepping down?

2 minutes ago, Gladys said:

DHSC has published its annual inspection report of a nursery.  Let's hope they publish all the CQC reports into Noble's.

If they.do, IOMNP, FB and other Social Media will well and truly go for Rob Callister. He will get his long achieved ambition to be a Minister but I doubt it will be a long held role.

Manx Care's Director of Nursing to 3FM:

"Speaking to 3FM, Paul Moore, says culture issues are partly a symptom of an 'underlying and chronic' shortage of staff."

So all the bullying 'n' stuff is because of a shortage of staff. I assume that by now Manx Care will have recruited a Deputy Chief Information Officer, so all will be well.

https://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/manx-care-director-of-nursing-equally-concerned-and-optimistic-about-cqc-report/

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Two-lane said:

Manx Care's Director of Nursing to 3FM:

"Speaking to 3FM, Paul Moore, says culture issues are partly a symptom of an 'underlying and chronic' shortage of staff."

So all the bullying 'n' stuff is because of a shortage of staff. I assume that by now Manx Care will have recruited a Deputy Chief Information Officer, so all will be well.

https://www.three.fm/news/isle-of-man-news/manx-care-director-of-nursing-equally-concerned-and-optimistic-about-cqc-report/

The 18 bullying complaints against the former director of nursing would suggest otherwise.

How about the bullying of Dr Glover?  Or Tinwell? Or Ranson?

• Like 4

I received a text reminder this morning for a hospital appointment later this week. Text is shown as from IOM_DHSC. They have not even got round to sorting out the simple system changes that are needed for the transition to Manx Care - what hope is there for major change? 

3 hours ago, 2112 said:

Surely Mrs Christian is a Departmental member for DESC as well as being Chair of the Economic Policy Review Committee and a member of PAC? I would imagine those positions together with her constituency work and her back bench activity keep her very busy. Better to do less things better than do more things and compromise. Stepping down from DEFA is a shrewd move in my opinion and allows her more time to focus on her other roles and her constituents.

22 minutes ago, Mistercee said:

I received a text reminder this morning for a hospital appointment later this week. Text is shown as from IOM_DHSC. They have not even got round to sorting out the simple system changes that are needed for the transition to Manx Care - what hope is there for major change? 

You were lucky to even get a text reminder. 

59 minutes ago, forestboy said:

You were lucky to even get a text reminder. 

I know - I have regular appointments and the reminders are very hit and miss. One of the clinics I attend has multiple patients with appointments at the same time but apparently "the system" only allows the staff to book one appointment per slot. The answer - "we will send you a text reminder but take no notice of the time the reminder shows - just turn up at the time we have booked."       

Again it is the simple things they don't seem to be able to get sorted out - it would take someone with a modicum of IT skills about 10 minutes to sort the appointments system out.