IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

On 9/26/2022 at 12:15 PM, Newsdesk said:

Do you think they check all that stuff before they appoint? A personal consultancy company with hardly any assets and hardly any income. 

Utterly irrelevant distraction. Manx Care have hired him as a NED, not his Personal Service Company for payment and liability purposes. There are hundreds of thousands of similar one-man companies in the UK (and a fair number in the IoM). 

Whether they have done adequate due diligence on him as a potential NED is a separate matter!

On 9/25/2022 at 10:04 PM, Roger Mexico said:

As for the issues, I couldn't help noticing that the top priority for these directors is to "Cultivate the culture within Manx Care".  Rather that reform it.  

And this is bang on the point. There appears to be sod all recognition at leadership level, in Manx Care as in the wider Manx Public Sector, that culture needs to change, radically. The Manx Public Sector will continue failing, and dragging down the island and the quality of life experienced by most of the island's residents, until its culture is reformed.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, Lightening McQueen said:

Has anyone else had the Ramsey Group Practice newsletter through their door? Looks to have been written my managers and people who don’t appreciate that a lot of our older residents will be left confused/frustrated. Just my take on it, but I’m very happy to be proven wrong.

It could have been written on one page. However, this sentence in the first paragraph:

"We would like to thank all of our patients for your continued support and sharing our journey with us"

seems to be an "It's all about me" statement. They are not running yet another boutique coffee bar. I do not have the possibility of taking my "support" anywhere else.  I do not get ill so that I can help them on their journey to wherever they think they are going.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Manx Bean said:

Maybe he can only work 2 days a week so he can continue claiming benefits?

What impact can an off island director have? Especially two days a week? We saw how effective the old DHSS CEO was.

Is this a cost saving model? Or just taking the piss out of politicians too weak to do anything about it?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, cissolt said:

What impact can an off island director have? Especially two days a week? We saw how effective the old DHSS CEO was.

Is this a cost saving model? Or just taking the piss out of politicians too weak to do anything about it?

While not condoning this, it is likely to be an emergency reaction to Hetty getting fired and the enormous difficulty that then comes in getting an appropriately qualified DPH to come to the island to take up the position.  Did your old mum and dad not teach you 'beggars can't be choosers'?

I know that recruiting senior professionals in my sector can take up to six months to get someone at the desk and working.

1 hour ago, Manx Bean said:

46 minutes ago, cissolt said:

2 minutes ago, Boo Gay'n said:

While not condoning this, it is likely to be an emergency reaction to Hetty getting fired and the enormous difficulty that then comes in getting an appropriately qualified DPH to come to the island to take up the position.  Did your old mum and dad not teach you 'beggars can't be choosers'?

I know that recruiting senior professionals in my sector can take up to six months to get someone at the desk and working.

Clue is in his title. Interim. He’s a stop gap. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Manx Bean said:

Be thankful. IoM would have coped much better with Covid if Hetty had worked zero days per week. 

To many senior bureaucrats employed full-time by IoMG but doing part-time workloads on the IoM due to small scale, IMO. Public Sector needs to spend less on chiefs & more on indians.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Family member attended hospital clinic today, so did four or five other people. They were all issued with a letter saying their appointments had been cancelled and rescheduled to next year. No explanation of why the appointments were cancelled or why cancellation letters not sent before they arrived at the hospital. 

A neighbour was told by their GP to go for an urgent blood clinic appointment. When they rang the GP about their results they were told they have to attend an appointment at end of October!. 

While the NHS has grown massively since it was first setup in 1948 and provides treatments that weren’t even imagined at that time, an original deliverable of the NHS was for people to be able to see a family doctor!.

Cmon ManxCare deliver some improvement that doesn’t require tens of £millions to be spent which could have been thrown at the old DHSS for the same outcomes. Add some value for your non-Executive titles etc.

• Sad 1