IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

1 hour ago, cissolt said:

Thank you Wrighty, you have given me hope that there is a future for our health service.  

Do you think Manx care had the appetite and will to make the required changes?  

I don't believe our politicians have the backbone or nouse to prevent us becoming a IOM NHS trust. Sir Jonathan and his merry band have a lot to answer for.

Yes. He sold us a pup for over a million quid. That pup has grown into a massive white elephant (costing 3.5 mill a year) stomping on and squashing local services and hoovering up all profitable services for outsourcing to their mates abroad (allegedly). The company that has taken on all the work does not even have the necessary staff to provide them and is actively trying to recruit and poach (also allegedly)

10 hours ago, wrighty said:

The new term for the complaints department, effectively. ‘Manx Care Advice and Liaison Service’ I think. Go through them, not your MHK, if you have an issue with appointment cancellations, waiting times, rude doctors, medical negligence etc. 

they'll be busy.

2 hours ago, Holte End said:

I hate people who say 'learning curve'. One of my old bosses use to say it, when he had fuck up or when he didn't have a clue what he was doing.

https://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/there-are-polarised-views-of-dhsc-says-callister/

I'm sorry but anyone who talks about 'customers' rather than patients needs to have a look at themselves. Will it be right that patients will want to come back again if services are that good. ?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, snowman said:

You're clueless

Please elaborate.

The Jonathan Michaels who held super secret meetings with megson, then shredded the minutes, deciding the future of our health industry?  Will we ever know if the plan was to gradually move services to the UK?

Or the Jonathan Michaels who told Dr Ranson not to pursue her whistleblower claims?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cissolt said:

Please elaborate.

The Jonathan Michaels who held super secret meetings with megson, then shredded the minutes, deciding the future of our health industry?  Will we ever know if the plan was to gradually move services to the UK?

Or the Jonathan Michaels who told Dr Ranson not to pursue her whistleblower claims?

I think he specifically told her she'll lose if she persisted with her complaints if I remember correctly

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, NoTailT said:

But a readmission within a few hrs of discharge isn't good.

Why?

'So this is what's wrong with you leslie, here's the medicine and treatment plan, you're going to be pretty unwell for a few days, go home and get some rest, take it easy. If things get noticeably worse please come straight back'.