IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

4 hours ago, Boo Gay'n said:

As you know, we have developed a rather weird extra-parliamentary system of members' briefings which are not on public record.  Because of that, the voting public cannot be sure what business is actually being conducted inside the hallowed walls of the wedding cake.  It may be that Alf, ministers, Attorneys General or even senior civil servants use those sessions to ask members not to talk publicly about subject A or subject B.  We will never know.  I also worry a bit about WhatsApp/Telegram (etc.) groups and what is discussed in them - for the same reasons.  As for members using parallel email systsms such as Gmail (à la Sweet Suella), I'm sure that could never happen here...

I can imagine Ann corlett and Stu Peters sending telegrams to each other 

4 hours ago, Boo Gay'n said:

I also worry a bit about WhatsApp/Telegram (etc.) groups and what is discussed in them - for the same reasons.  As for members using parallel email systsms such as Gmail (à la Sweet Suella), I'm sure that could never happen here...

Any corporate usually makes the sharing of company data on a non corporate networks grounds for gross misconduct in their contracts of employment. Aren’t the wonderful GTS supposed to be in control of making their messaging secure so they don’t need Telegram or WhatsApp. 

Edited by offshoremanxman

6 hours ago, NoTailT said:

And what exactly is the £1.5M for?

Salary of the KC and her underlings only, or does this include all the costs involved. EG the information gathering exercise (and no doubt multiple paper copies), (wasted) time/effort trying to find information in the well-managed (ahem) government systems, on personal email accounts/WhatsApp etc of employees/ex-employees that were undoubtedly used, recover any information already deleted (bet that happened for deniability or CYA big style, sounds much better than the dog ate it)

‘I have therefore asked Rob to step down as Minister for the department. I have asked Lawrie Hooper MHK to return to DHSC as Minister given his previous experience with the department. Lawrie will also remain Minister for Enterprise.’

Lawrie is equally as useless. Running the starship AND health?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nellie said:

Six years, pleading, begging, grovelling to be made a Minister, and he lasts Six weeks. What a loser.

Was he pushed or did he flounce at the first sign of trouble? I got the impression that CM Cannan realised that the Peoples Prince wasn’t up to the job, and probably didn’t have the support of others, based on the press release. 

Not much staying power? I wonder if he will produce a new blog outlining his recent political achievements? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Was he pushed or did he flounce at the first sign of trouble? I got the impression that CM Cannan realised that the Peoples Prince wasn’t up to the job, and probably didn’t have the support of others, based on the press release. 

Not much staying power? I wonder if he will produce a new blog outlining his recent political achievements? 

I hope he does, as such a blog could be the one thing that can Euthanase this white elephant called Manx Care

• Thanks 1

The timing is interesting.  CoMin meets on Thursdays, but to have the press release ready for issue at 10:40 am this can only have been planned in advance.  There's not the time for Callister to have had a row and walked out - Cannan must have sacked him when he arrived for the meeting and have already agreed with Hooper to take over. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1