IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

2 hours ago, swoopy2110 said:

Hooper is absolutely useless. Total waste of time. The Government is just a joke.

The man who was telling everyone earlier this week that there was nothing he could do about the credit card situaution.

Edited by snowman
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Dr. Grumpy said:

Name rhymes with hope

But his immediate subordinate (if that's the right word) should be the DHSC CEO not Manx Care. If he was trying to lord it over her then he's well out of order and obviously doesn't understand relationship at all. As has been alluded to... out of his depth.

7 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

But his immediate subordinate (if that's the right word) should be the DHSC CEO not Manx Care. If he was trying to lord it over her then he's well out of order and obviously doesn't understand relationship at all. As has been alluded to... out of his depth.

I reckon they are all out of their depth or we wouldn't be in the mess we are currently in island government wide !

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Intake is for September next year

Pre-registration for Adult and Mental Health nurse training degree programmes is now available on Island.

Manx Care says the three-year courses are full time and will be held at its Keyll Darree Education facility in Noble's Hospital.

Intake is for September next year and applications for the courses close 22 January, 2023 with interviews planned for March. 

Those wanting to learn more can visit Keyll Darree on 7 December from 6pm until 8pm.

Credit where its due. This is a good move for the island if there are able to attract enough suitable applicants and efforts to retain existing nursing staff are successful. Fingers crossed. 😀

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Jarndyce said:

This.   If efforts to increase retention and improve morale in the long term are not successful, then what hope for the new students down the line?

A valid question if recent events are anything to go on. Lets hope a decent salary pay rise and free accommodation at Nobles are enough.

The only impediment I can see, the biggest at the moment, is the leadership issue. If that can be resolved then staffing issues can be turned around. But that is another story. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Apple said:

Intake is for September next year

Pre-registration for Adult and Mental Health nurse training degree programmes is now available on Island.

Manx Care says the three-year courses are full time and will be held at its Keyll Darree Education facility in Noble's Hospital.

Intake is for September next year and applications for the courses close 22 January, 2023 with interviews planned for March. 

Those wanting to learn more can visit Keyll Darree on 7 December from 6pm until 8pm.

Credit where its due. This is a good move for the island if there are able to attract enough suitable applicants and efforts to retain existing nursing staff are successful. Fingers crossed. 😀

It isn't a move, as the courses have been running for years - but it is a sensible approach to 'growing your own timber'.

As for suitability, thay are strict with entrants, who need to have UCAS points at the same level as for UK universities.  The courses are accredited by universities across too.

On of my relatives is a successful graduate of the programme.

• Thanks 2

Yes I have a good friend who's a Senior Tutor at Manchester Met Uni teaching the Nurse intake. University degree a requirement for the course. Gone are the days when it was enough to want to do it because of empathy. So much paperwork and health and safety and possible  litigation issues these days .

On 11/6/2022 at 7:26 PM, John Wright said:

13/03 contacted GP for appointment  ( it wasn’t A&E by then )

20/3 X-Ray 

1/7 appointment with ortho consultant in Ramsey. He recommends CT scan 

14/10 CT scan & 2nd X-Ray

Its slow. Not sure that anything can be done. But it’s frustrating. I’m expecting not to hear anything until late January.

Have you heard anything back yet John ? The wait between GP and X Ray seems far too long.

17 hours ago, Apple said:

Have you heard anything back yet John ? The wait between GP and X Ray seems far too long.

It was only a week. It wasn’t urgent. If it had been I’d have gone to A&E. Took 4 days to speak to GP. She said she’d refer for x-Ray and as that’s done electronically, and there was a weekend, I popped up on the Monday ( I think ).

Im still waiting to hear back from the consultant after the most recent imaging.

im also waiting for my monkey pox jab. Was booked in on 29/9. That had to be cancelled after they decided I couldn’t have my covid booster the following day if I had the pox jab.

Manx Care are now advertising they’ve got their new supply in. I’ve rung. They rang back. Told me I was next on list. But that was a week ago. The phials have 5 doses. It may be down to finding four others on the same day.

17 minutes ago, Apple said:

I meant scan and second X-ray but as long as out is being followed up is the main thing. 

There appears to be a 3 month waiting list for non urgent imaging. I was told I could speed things up by paying for the imaging privately.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, John Wright said:

There appears to be a 3 month waiting list for non urgent imaging. I was told I could speed things up by paying for the imaging privately.

If that is still at Nobles, that is a joke.

Fast Track queues for those that can afford it at an NHS hospital is a bizarre world.

Edited by NoTailT
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1