IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

3 hours ago, Banker said:

I can book &!cancel appointments online with Hailwood practice & if it’s urgent they do say come at late morning when they save emergency appointments 

I've always found Hailwood brilliant and only the other week receptionist went out of her way to get me a earlier appointment . Never have had a complaint about the service from there. 

a friends partner received a letter earlier this week for an appointment at ENT ,  they rang up wondering what it was all about and it was regarding a referral for a consultation that was made in 2019 , twenty fucking NINETEEN  what a total shit show.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, WTF said:

a friends partner received a letter earlier this week for an appointment at ENT ,  they rang up wondering what it was all about and it was regarding a referral for a consultation that was made in 2019 , twenty fucking NINETEEN  what a total shit show.

Well. If they didn't know what it was for then did they actually need an appointment in the first place?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, WTF said:

they did 3 years ago , but not 3 years later.

That's exactly what I was trying to imply..Did they actually  need a referral / appointment in the first place 

Surely if there was an ongoing problem with the ear / nose and throat then how do you forget that one was due ? 

25 minutes ago, mad_manx said:

That's exactly what I was trying to imply..Did they actually  need a referral / appointment in the first place 

Surely if there was an ongoing problem with the ear / nose and throat then how do you forget that one was due ? 

Isn't it that the GP made the referral all that time ago and the ENT clinic has only just responded?

12 hours ago, mad_manx said:

Not trying to defend a 3 year waiting time, but it is the case that some GPs refer patients in with relatively trivial, self-limiting conditions. ENT receive a high number of so-called ‘two week wait’ referrals for potential cancers, so naturally have to prioritise seeing these.  And I’m not necessarily blaming GPs for this - there are patients too that demand referrals and we all know it’s less traumatic all round if we just give patients what they want, rather than spend time explaining why they don’t need (whatever it is).

Personally I push back on a number of referrals I get, which sometimes annoys my GP colleagues, upsets some patients, and has gotten me a reputation of ‘being difficult’. But it does mean that my routine waiting list to be seen is measured in months not years, and there are very few patients who turn up not remembering why they were sent in (although that still happens occasionally)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dr. Grumpy said:

A mate in the know tells me Richard Wild has left Manx Care. Is this correct? If so, what's the back story?

Leaving next week, to pursue a new challenge.

I actually asked him if he was pushed, or asked to leave, or really is pursuing new things.  He tells me he is, and I have no reason to doubt him.  I know he does have other things going on - it's up to him not me however to publicise them if he wants to.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Manx17 said:

Well I was up at the hospital yesterday  and nursing staff are not very happy with Manx Care and according to some,  many are leaving  or have left as they just don’t want to work for them any more. Three wards are shut and the bed situation is dreadful. Mostly filled with elderly where each department have waiting lists and they are not able to give the care they were trained in. Wednesday on gyno ward there were only three lady patients that needed that ward the rest of the ward was filled with elderly. Their waiting list is long but they just haven’t got the beds.
Food the vegetables are black, potatoes look like they have been left out in the air after peeling them, I’m unsure how the same happens with carrots as they look frozen not fresh. Taxes are paying for these services who ever is doing the food want to be ashamed and how are they getting away with it?

The staff look warn out .

The place needs investigating. 

Nursing staff are not happy across UK either, have you seen the news?

Elderly are probably waiting for nursing home beds , also understand waiting list for hospice at present