IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

1 hour ago, Cinderella said:

Interesting, all the men commenting on the ‘right’ way to give birth. 

Just shows men aren't idiots. Neither my mother nor I would not have survived a home birth in 1957 despite my doctor father being present.

Edited by GD4ELI

Just now, Harry Lamb said:

Was he not very good , then?

1957, not a great deal you can do in a remote village in Rutland.

And no, in later life he was an alcoholic and drug manufacturer, died aged 52.

4 hours ago, Cinderella said:

Interesting, all the men commenting on the ‘right’ way to give birth. 

Why is it interesting that men are commenting on childbirth? Should that not be allowed? It’s largely men (it seems) that comment on most things on this forum, just like it’s largely women that comment on most things on mumsnet. 

3 minutes ago, wrighty said:

Why is it interesting that men are commenting on childbirth? Should that not be allowed? It’s largely men (it seems) that comment on most things on this forum, just like it’s largely women that comment on most things on mumsnet. 

I think anybody is allowed to comment on anything aren't they?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wrighty said:

I was married to a midwife years ago...for quite some years :whistling:

...so my comments based on some real experience.

2 hours ago, Albert Tatlock said:

I was married to a midwife years ago...for quite some years :whistling:

...so my comments based on some real experience.

Im married to a midwife and she has told me where I stand on this. Apparently we don't have enough Midwives to offer a safe service so home births are not recommended here.

Credit in the bank now......

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, GD4ELI said:

1957, not a great deal you can do in a remote village in Rutland.

And no, in later life he was an alcoholic and drug manufacturer, died aged 52.

My father was an alcoholic, too, though he lacked the talent to manufacture drugs, unfortunately - we might have been better off.

7 minutes ago, Harry Lamb said:

My father was an alcoholic, too, though he lacked the talent to manufacture drugs, unfortunately - we might have been better off.

My father spent the money on a second family!

• Like 1

On 1/5/2023 at 1:32 PM, Albert Tatlock said:

Surely there are not health services resources available for home births these days? If you want that self-indulgence, my view is you should pay for it privately yourself.

Don't worry Albert - this is the way several aspects of health and care is heading.

Quayles Road map from New Zealand is actually progressing. Sir Michaels report was all about setting it up on the Island. And Manx Care are just the people who will put it all into place despite any objections from politicians or public or clinicians.

We will end up with less choices, private health insurance requirements for some treatments on or off island with free treatment and care means tested. And you HAVE to supply information in order to receive care and treatment. 

And we will have to be told each month from now about not turning up for appointments. But don't ask about readmission rates......

• Thanks 2

Information Commissioner now happy so we (not Manx Care) won't be required to pay any fines for their mistakes.

But they will consider prescribing cold weather treatments in the mental health services if approved by NiCE...

cheaper option I guess. 😳

5 hours ago, 2112 said:

Another day and the same Manx Care mantra don’t come to Nobles, and certainly A&E.

Haven't we got the message yet...Do as your told !

10 hours ago, 2112 said:

Another day and the same Manx Care mantra don’t come to Nobles, and certainly A&E. Perhaps the queues at A&E are casualties from todays flooding ……………. being sarcastic! 

Better than in the past.

In the past there would be admission of any problems whatsoever.

The public need to be made aware of the issues & truth rather than being fed BS from the propaganda machine 

• Like 2