IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

On 12/13/2021 at 4:50 PM, Andy Onchan said:

Had to organise a blood clinic appointment (for annual medication review) and was asked when would I like to attend. Never been asked that before. Completely caught me off guard, to the extent that I had to ring back and get them to confirm it again as I thought I'd put it in on the wrong day on my calendar!

I also attended blood clinic on Monday it was absolutely bursting to the rim of waiting patients at least 20 before me. Could it be a new strategy to cover for no shows? It's good job it's new home is in the hospital foyer otherwise patients would be unable to fit in the old waiting area.

I would like to make a point about  LFTs. A family of three l know well,all have covid, however, the LFTs in two of them showed constantly negative results. One of person with the negative tests results is quite poorly and only the PCR testing showed a positive.  Just a thought. 

2 minutes ago, Lilly said:

I also attended blood clinic on Monday it was absolutely bursting to the rim of waiting patients at least 20 before me. Could it be a new strategy to cover for no shows? It's good job it's new home is in the hospital foyer otherwise patients would be unable to fit in the old waiting area.

I would like to make a point about  LFTs. A family of three l know well,all have covid, however, the LFTs in two of them showed constantly negative results. One of person with the negative tests results is quite poorly and only the PCR testing showed a positive.  Just a thought. 

Had to organise a blood clinic appointment (for annual medication review) and was asked when would I like to attend. Never been asked that before. Completely caught me off guard, to the extent that I had to ring back and get them to confirm it again as I thought I'd put it in on the wrong day on my calendar!

Apologies, just posted 2nd half observation point on wrong thread

5 hours ago, Lilly said:

I needed an urgent blood appointment last week. Wanted by the Liverpool consultant. Rang blood clinic Wednesday morning. No appointments until this week. Rang GP. Practice nurse who takes bloods on leave. Liverpool sent forms by e-mail. 

Im off island atm. Left Friday. Liverpool said that if I couldn’t get the bloods taken on island, and couriered to them, I needed to go to a clinic in Spain and get them to draw and send back by courier.

I contacted someone I know at Nobles and was very kindly fitted in and had bloods taken by a pre med nurse who was otherwise dealing with day case patient assessment.

My last bloods, in November, I was offered a next day appointment. The one before it was a week.

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

I needed an urgent blood appointment last week. Wanted by the Liverpool consultant. Rang blood clinic Wednesday morning. No appointments until this week. Rang GP. Practice nurse who takes bloods on leave. Liverpool sent forms by e-mail. 

Im off island atm. Left Friday. Liverpool said that if I couldn’t get the bloods taken on island, and couriered to them, I needed to go to a clinic in Spain and get them to draw and send back by courier.

I contacted someone I know at Nobles and was very kindly fitted in and had bloods taken by a pre med nurse who was otherwise dealing with day case patient assessment.

My last bloods, in November, I was offered a next day appointment. The one before it was a week.

Sorry John, what l didn't make clear in my post, when l rang Friday afternoon, l was also taken back to be asked what time would you like to come on Monday!

Also l often go to Ramsay cottage hospital, as long as you make it before 10am they  have a walk in clinic which l sometimes prefer. 

1 hour ago, Lilly said:

Sorry John, what l didn't make clear in my post, when l rang Friday afternoon, l was also taken back to be asked what time would you like to come on Monday!

Also l often go to Ramsay cottage hospital, as long as you make it before 10am they  have a walk in clinic which l sometimes prefer. 

Fully understood. I was just pointing out how inconsistent the experience is

11 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Fully understood. I was just pointing out how inconsistent the experience is

My appointment on Tuesday last was @ 08:35. I was called in almost immediately after I arrived there but it backfired on them as they had to wait whilst I finished filling in the COVID questionnaire! Which begs the question... why isn't that form available online to complete? I could have completed that at home before leaving. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, opusManx said:

Perhaps because your responses to items on the questionnaire e.g. signs/symtoms, contact history, could change in the time between you filling out the online form and your appointment, but I am not sure if that is the reason in your case.

An hour before I go for the appointment?

10 minutes ago, John Wright said:

No. But it demonstrates that dividing lines are fine and arbitrary.

I was commenting purely on the basis that it might smooth the process of getting in and out as expeditiously as possible. 

I do wonder sometimes whether if some medical admin teams would benefit from spending some time in a supply chain business, they would have a different outlook to processes and the effect those processes would have on others. As we all know joined up thinking in IOMG is probably not even considered an aspiration.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, John Wright said:

That's interesting. I was rang by Nobles gastro the other day and asked to do urgent bloods in the next 24 hours. I turned up to blood clinic the next morning and told them what had been requested and that the urgent request was on the system. I was in and out in 15 minutes despite turning up randomly without an appointment.