IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

"It was revealed that Dr Ranson has filed a defamation claim against Treasury Minister Dr Alex Allinson for comments he made in a media interview, describing his words as "creating an alternative and damaging narrative".  "

Does anyone have a link to the media interview?

15 hours ago, Apple said:

I wouldn't presume to know what the Chair thought. Or any barrister come to that. ! I do know it was uncomfortable to watch and probably didn't help the DHSC's case much. Minister involvement, I wouldn't know. Take a guess.

If I had been there I would have probably described the actions of the DHSC's lawyer as bullying - which is ironic considering the case. But if the methodology of the lawyer is legal, what can be done?

Robertshaw, in the above video, also considers the approach unacceptable. I was wondering where the instructions to the lawyer came from - was he told "Go for the jugular, make her cry, make her break down in public. That will teach the **** to complain about the gov. We don't give a damn about how the public see us." And who told him to take this extreme approach?

Robertshaw also commented on the divergence between the gov.'s public statements about the treatment of whistleblowers in comparison to the public treatment of Ranson yesterday.

It is a great pity that the hearing was not videoed. The gov. could have put the recording on YouTube along with their "Come and work in the health service in the Isle of Man because it's really wonderful" - alongside  "This is how you will be publicly treated if things go tits-up during your employment".

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

"Legislation

The legislation that relates to Protected Disclosures can be found at Annex E.

The Isle of Man Government will not tolerate harassment or victimisation from members of staff and will take appropriate action, including the application of disciplinary procedures, to protect you where you make a disclosure in good faith."

harassment -> aggressive pressure or intimidation

victimisation -> the action of singling someone out for cruel or unjust treatment

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, cissolt said:

None of the people listed on the website are digital forensic experts.  Was it outsourced?  I assume the report will never see the light of day?

There is a definite conflict of interest with Expol who do work on a regular basis for various government departments.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Expol: Ex coppers doing the Government's laundry basket. I'm afraid I'm reminded of Nixon's clean-up crew at Watergate. Today's hearing was shocking and disgusting. This is how low these bastards will always go to crush people. Another black day for the IOM's reputation and I hope the national press get a hold of it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Expol: Ex coppers doing the Government's laundry basket. I'm afraid I'm reminded of Nixon's clean-up crew at Watergate. Today's hearing was shocking and disgusting. This is how low these bastards will always go to crush people. Another black day for the IOM's reputation and I hope the national press get a hold of it.

Please expand.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Didn’t they do the investigation into Abbotswood.  Paid for by tax payers to try and find blame to deflect from DHSC behaviours 

11 minutes ago, cissolt said:

So two of the three documents had incorrect dates on and the date on the 'template' happens to be the same day that evidence was due to be presented to the PAC?

Convenient timing? I assume this is where the metadata issue comes in?

https://youtu.be/rN4xyFdNnYs

Puts in doubt the integrity of Expol I would say . 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2