IOM DHSC & MANX CARE

Cassie2

24 minutes ago, Roxanne said:

That’s what happens when you have a PhD. 😊

No, it’s what happens when government are desperate to get one of their covert listening devices into you and you just happen to ring the blood clinic. They’re clearly not that interested in John 😉

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, wrighty said:

No, it’s what happens when government are desperate to get one of their covert listening devices into you and you just happen to ring the blood clinic. They’re clearly not that interested in John 😉

Glaswegian Gary in the blood clinic is clearly injecting 5G transmitters 😂

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, rachomics said:

That's interesting. I was rang by Nobles gastro the other day and asked to do urgent bloods in the next 24 hours. I turned up to blood clinic the next morning and told them what had been requested and that the urgent request was on the system. I was in and out in 15 minutes despite turning up randomly without an appointment.

I don’t currently have a consultant here. I last saw him when he made a provisional diagnosis and ordered immediate air transfer to Liverpool in September 2017.

Everything is dealt with by Clatterbridge. In fact, I’ve only met my current Clatterbridge consultant once. New guy appointed just before covid.

The hospital systems don’t talk to each other, so Liverpool couldn’t upload the request and Nobles can’t, directly, access the test results, and phlebotomy didn’t seem to understand the urgency of a oncohaematology request when an anomalous result has popped up and needs checking before a bone marrow biopsy is ordered.

About the post I made about blood clinic waiting times.

I got a positive test for relapse of the leukaemia.

Sample taken 11/11, but only reported 8/12. Heart stopping moment. That’s why I was in a rush to get a follow up. The tests do report the occasional false positive.

The sample I had done outside blood clinic/gp/oncology day ward was couriered to Liverpool and expedited, and has just reported back negative on all 3 tests. So it was a false positive.

And I can breathe again.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, John Wright said:

The sample I had done outside blood clinic/gp/oncology day ward was couriered to Liverpool and expedited, and has just reported back negative on all 3 tests. So it was a false positive.

And I can breathe again.

Good news! I'm happy for you. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Sample taken 11/11, but only reported 8/12. Heart stopping moment. That’s why I was in a rush to get a follow up. The tests do report the occasional false positive.

And I can breathe again.

That must have been such a shock, glad it was a false positive in the end but must have been a worrying few days. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John Wright said:

And I can breathe again.

Thank goodness for that. I hope you can enjoy your Christmas now. 

• Like 5